July 2013 Moms

CPW: What Level is Your Crib?

gutsymamagutsymama member
edited March 2014 in July 2013 Moms
Because it's Sunday, but it's always been Clicky Poll Whore to me.

Have you moved your crib down? Just curious. Luke is a sitting champion and can pull to stand but has not yet gone from laying flat to sitting. And I'd like to avoid lowering the crib until we really have to, since sometimes he doesn't want to be held but needs me to stand on tiptoes leaning over the crib rail to hug him while laying down until he goes to sleep.
FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.

CPW: What Level is Your Crib? 153 votes

We're still on the highest setting. J13 rockbabies 4 lyfe!
29% 45 votes
Lower of 2
7% 12 votes
Middle of 3
17% 27 votes
Lowest of 3
30% 47 votes
My baby sleeps at boob level
1% 3 votes
We bedshare
7% 12 votes
We still use the PNP or RNP
3% 5 votes
My baby sleeps in a baby cage
0% 0 votes
Sleep? What is this mythical thing of which you speak?
1% 2 votes

Re: CPW: What Level is Your Crib?

• We're at the lowest level because we're all tall including M (90% for height). She pulls to stand and does it whenever she wants us to pick her up.

• Loading the player...
  • ashie624ashie624 member
    edited March 2014
    Dh lowered it a couple days ago. I think theres four settings and it on the second lowest. She hasnt pulled herself up using furniture yet but in a week she learned to sit by herself and crawl and she can grab our fingers and pull up so we decided to lower.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • We r ss..... my husband built our crib... it is so cool (made out of logs) but there are no levels obviously
  • MRadsMRads member
    We're still at the highest. I'm short and he hasn't figured out how to get in a sitting position, on his knees or how to pull up, so I'm not worried. And much as I love my kid, I'm not sure he would figure out that he could climb out even if he could pull to stand.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • fabkfabk member
    On the middle aetting but will probably lower it today.
    I should have just gone straight to the lowest from the highest. But I am short and had to find a step stool first.
  • We lowered it all the way...but he's still sleeping in his swing. Bad mama.
  • Lowered all the way about a month ago. He stands up way too easily now and walks along the edge. Definetly a change with laying him down sleepy. Somuch farther to bend over in an awkward manner so we don't wake him

• Lowered all the way here. Charlotte is devious and I'm paranoid lol

imageimageimage

• We just switched the crib to the lowest setting last night. We probably could have put it down to the middle setting, but it's a bit of a pain, so we just put it all the way down.
  • spb27spb27 member
    We started at the lowest bc I didn't want to deal with switching it.
  • I lowered it to the lowest of 3 like a month ago but my back was killing me (he waked up n times during the night), as Luke, Gerardo can pull himself up from sitting but can't sit by himself, so I put it back to the middle of 3 levels. My back is happier and G is still safe, for now...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Lowest of 4 settings. We lowered it one setting a few months ago when he started scooting and getting up on his knees. Then about a month ago I found him standing trying to climb out, so we put it all the way down.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • My crib has 4 settings. Right now we are on 3rd lowest.
  • martyn17martyn17 member
    edited March 2014
    Just lowered on Friday.

She wasn't able to get to sit by herself, but she was trying to pull up on things.

Then Thursday, we woke up to silence and found her sitting and playing in her crib and realized we better lower it pretty soon.  
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Lowest setting here, but really he's only in there till 10 or 11 at night, then we bedshare. He likes to be at boob level too.
    image image image

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We just lowered it...DD likes to sit in her crib sometimes while I put laundry away or whatever, and is figuring out how to pull to stand. She doesn't get to a sit by herself, but since I sometimes put her there, I figure better safe than sorry. #RockLyfe
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I put that we haven't lowered but we need to. Haven't checked the settings yet so no clue about how low we will go.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Human paperweight. Sits unassisted, but has to be placed that way.

Our crib only has two settings, so it's either all the way up or all the way down. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• We only have 2 levels on the crib, but I lowered it about a month and a half ago when Mr. Chubby started standing and giving me heart failure, lol. 
  • We still have a rock baby, he sits well but can't sit from lying. However I sat him in the crib last week and he started pulling on the rails and was half standing so we lowered it one notch just in case. It's a bit of a pain as sometimes I have to place him in there sleeping, but it's not as bad as I expected.

PS - the image of you @Mimi4347 hanging over the rails hugging L until he's alseep is super cute! :) (though I'm sure your back would disagree)
  • I share my bed with my little guy but my SO would like him to be in his crib by the time he's 1. He said he's ready to have me back in the bed with him :( I can't even think about it, makes me sad to think of my LO not being beside me all night, every night.

We do have a crib though and it's still on the highest setting. My cousin is pregnant and I'm thinking about giving the crib to her, lol. 

• We need to put ours on the next setting. Pretty sure ours only has two. Oliver pulls himself up when he wakes, but he hasn't been climbing stuff yet. Still...need to get it done. I could prob figure it out, but I'd like DH's help. He's just been such a lazy asshole lately. Don't even want to ask. Apparently I have to do everything.
  • Yeah, my lil guy is getting too mobile to not have the crib on the lowest setting. It's a PITA to have to lower (for my crib anyways), so I'm glad it's finally on it's lowest setting. I may not even raise it when we have another baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • We were middle of three until the incident. Now they're at the lowest.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'll be at the lowest tonight. Were on #2 out if 3 currently, but after @JTA2426‌ scare I will be setting that shit down myself tonight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"