Baby Names
Options

Audie (male name)

Audie Murphy was a WWII war hero - perhaps the most famous US soldier there is.  DH and I were Army, thus the fascination with this name.  Audie does not seem like a full name to me, and Murphy brings to mind Murphy's law.  Any ideas what names Audie might be related to?
DS born 12/2012
Little Squeaker due 6/2015

Re: Audie (male name)

• Options
    Audrey? Or I've heard of the name Auden before as well. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Not sure but I love Augie, short for August. Audie is nice and I like the history to it.
     May your hands always be busy
    May your feet always be swift
    May you have a strong foundation
    When the winds of changes shift

May your heart always be joyful
    May your song always be sung
    And may you stay forever young  " 

Me 35, DH 37

DX with PCOS in early 20's. IF d/t PCOS, anovulation, endometriosis, Dermoid cyst in/on Left ovary

TTC for 3 years. (2/2011), Last 16 months (2/2013) with chemical ART; Lap HSG with D&C 11/2012, Repeat HSG 2/2013 

Clomid, Follisim, HCG Triggers, Progesterone, Metformin

IUI x2 = BFN

3/16/14 IUI #3  BFP!

3/28/14 BFP!!!!!!!, EDD 12/6/14, Nonviable pregnancy 4/9/14, 5w4d; CP natural mc at 7w6d

4/25/14 Bye bye little one

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath - Personal picture

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't get past the Audi car thoughts to be honest.

Me too
    I am with them.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Options
    Sounds like a nn for Audrey to me, so I'd assume Audie was a girl. Like PP I like August, nn Auggie better.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    His middle name was Leon.

• Options
    Our son is named after an American patriot - DH insisted. Murphy could be cute as a first name. Or maybe there's another hero with a name that works better?
  • Options
    How about Auden (nn Audi)?  I have a cousin (girl) named Audiana (nn Audi) and I love it!

• Options

We considered this name too, with the full name of Auden. (And even with the same guy in mind! - I believe his name is just Audie though...)

Anyway, DH liked it at first but it fell off the list the more we thought about it. I still like, but DH just wasn't 100% sold on it.

• Options
    Audie is far from a front-runner, mostly because Audie Murphy is the ONLY one we've heard of.  I was just wondering if there was a good "full" name to go with it - sounds like no.  I either "hear" it as either Audrey with a speech impediment or Oddie (and DH is a fan of Odd Thomas.) 
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • Options
    It reminds me Garfield's dog or something, sorry...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"