December 2013 Moms
Options

Recommend your baby swing

peitripeitri member
edited March 2014 in December 2013 Moms
Didn't find a thread about this, so here goes...

I'm looking for a swing and Amazon alone sells 29474 different ones. If you loves/hate yours, tell me about it! I am looking for one that:

-can swing fast. We borrowed a Mamaroo but it just went back & forth and wasn't fast enough. LO hated it, but she loves bouncy walks in her stroller. I'm predicting now that her favorite ride at Disneyland will be Indiana Jones when she's older, lol.
-can plug in the wall. I don't want to be buying a bunch of batteries
-coverts to something that will accommodate her as she gets bigger
-can travel easy

Other than that, I don't know what else I should be looking for in a swing, so feel free to enlighten me. Bonus points if you include a link/pic. TIA.
Daisypath - (d3qY)
Lilypie - (ATx7)

Re: Recommend your baby swing

• Options
    Honestly, I'd go for the cheapest one you can find at this point. Maybe used? My baby is already pretty over swings. We're in that in-between period where he won't go in the swing, but he's too little for the exersaucer/jumper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    dupedupe member
    I like my fisher price swing, lo likes it too. Its the monkey one and it can plug in yhe wall and it has different swinging motions....I never linked anything but I'll try to figure it out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO is 3mo today and on the smaller side. I was recommended to try one because I need LO to be entertained while I pump an DH is at work. I have a PnP and a floor gym but they lose their entertainment factor after a period of time. Also, the chair thing was the Mamaroo - it was too slow for her tastes.
    Daisypath - (d3qY)
    Lilypie - (ATx7)

• Options
    dupedupe member
    Oh. Got it at target for $139 (reg $169 I think) caught it on sale and used 10% coupon.
  • Options
    We have the Graco Duet one and like it. It swings both directions, has 6 speeds, and you can take the seat off and use it separately as a rocker. It plugs in for the swing part (or uses batteries), but the seat vibration is battery only. I don't think it would travel well though, it's pretty big. I guess you could continue to use the rocker part as they get bigger....not sure what the weight limits are off the top of my head.
  • Options
    I recommend going on craigslist and finding one. My favorite is Fisher Price Snuggabunny. But seriously your LO will only use it for a month or two more so if you get one, get it on craigslist so you can resell it for the same price. Making it virtually free. Good luck.

• Options
    I recommend going on craigslist and finding one. My favorite is Fisher Price Snuggabunny. But seriously your LO will only use it for a month or two more so if you get one, get it on craigslist so you can resell it for the same price. Making it virtually free. Good luck.
    That's what I thought. I'm pretty lazy and craigslist makes me nervous sometimes. Maybe I just shouldn't worry about it. I appreciate everyone's feedback!
    Daisypath - (d3qY)
    Lilypie - (ATx7)

• Options
    I have the Fisher Price Zen Collection, LO is almost 13lbs and I think she'll only have another month or two in it. She is starting to outgrow the swing and likes more stimulation activities.. But I do love our swing, it plugs in, removes from the base & doubles as a bouncer too, swings both directions, has music and a mobile.
  • Options
    noslen0519noslen0519 member
    edited March 2014
    We have the Fisher Price My Little Lamb. DD loves it!
                                                                Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Met 9/2001
    Engaged 3/15/2006
    Married 5/19/2007
    DD 12/12/13
    DS 6/6/2016

M/C 9/29/18 @ 6w
     BabyFruit Ticker
    Our little tie breaker due 8/1/19!  <3

• Options
    My LO doesn't fit in his mamaroo swing anymore! :( but he loved it!
  • Options
    Here's a thread from a week or so ago

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board