Stay at Home Moms

Birthdays on Holiday Weekends

My mom is traveling right before DD's birthday and asked we have it the weekend after.  Well I'm starting to plan for her party and just realized that is Memorial Day Weekend.  MIL is also Jewish and asked that we have the party on a Sunday.  

Would you go to a birthday party on a holiday weekend?
Would you prefer it be on a Saturday or Sunday?

This will NOT happen next year.  Ugh!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Birthdays on Holiday Weekends

• Sure, I would, unless I had already made plans to go away for the weekend or something. I like Saturday parties better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would go. And I would have one on a holiday weekend. I really wouldn't think twice about it I don't think. And we always have our parties on a Sunday because my inlaws own a hair salon and Saturdays is a really busy day for them.

Check out my blog ---->  http://minismama.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • I prefer Saturday parties. For us Sundays are hard because of church and family lunch. I would go on a holiday weekend as long as we didn't have other plans.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yep, we go to one pretty much every Memorial Day weekend. My niece (or niece to be) birthday is May 24, so the party has been on Memorial Day weekend.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• I would go to a party if we didn't have other plans. Could you have her party the weekend before instead of after? I do think you may not get as large a turnout on Memorial Day weekend.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I think it's totally fine and wouldn't have any issues attending.
  • I would go, but you need to be prepared for people to have other plans. My family doesn't go away on holiday weekends, but my extended family does. If I wanted them there, I would pick another weekend. 

• jf198400 said:
    I would go to a party if we didn't have other plans. Could you have her party the weekend before instead of after? I do think you may not get as large a turnout on Memorial Day weekend.
    I would but my mom will be out of town that weekend.  And she's really close to my kids, she lives 10 minutes away.

• stgn01 said:

jf198400 said:

I would go to a party if we didn't have other plans. Could you have her party the weekend before instead of after? I do think you may not get as large a turnout on Memorial Day weekend.

I would but my mom will be out of town that weekend.  And she's really close to my kids, she lives 10 minutes away.

I meant the weekend before that. A bday party 2weeks before the actual bday seems fine to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• jf198400 said:
    jf198400 said:
    I meant the weekend before that. A bday party 2weeks before the actual bday seems fine to me.
    I would, but my cousin's daughter is turning 3 that weekend and having her party that weekend. I think I'm stuck with Memorial Day Weekend. 

• If I were in town, why not?
  • DH works holidays so I would go since we're a,ways home. We're going to run into this issue with DD. her birthday is July 4th

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD's birthday was the day before Labor Day last year. We held it on Sunday and lots of people showed up.
  • letranger said:
    My nephew is born labor day weekend. Forever they refuse to have it on anything but on that weekend. Sooo yes we go. Yes it is annoying.
    That's my birthday...I never have anything on my birthday, except when we were going away with friends over Labor Day last year.
  • Lydia's birthday is May 31, Memorial Day the year she was born. Her birthday has fallen on or close to the holiday weekend once, maybe twice, and I'd just do her party on whichever weekend worked best for our family. If some guests can't make it, it's not a huge deal. And when I say "whichever weekend works for our family", I mean I check with the grandparents to make sure they are free too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My oldest's birthday falls on Labor Day weekend if it's on a weekend, so we have had holiday weekend parties since I like to have them on or close to their birthdays. It has never been an issue. I generally always schedule parties for Saturday, but given a good reason I would do a Sunday.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are at the beach every Memorial Day weekend (and usually July 4th and Labor Day too), so we wouldn't be able to make it
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"