Trying to Get Pregnant

S/O Trips you'd love to take...

I saw @janda426 's post on her totally awesome sounding trip, and it got me thinking of places that I have on my 'to travel' list. And I wondered what everyone else's were as well.

For me, my big one right now is Istanbul. It is so fascinating to me. Ideally H and I want to go on the Orient Express, which still makes one trip a year from London to Istanbul with stops on the way (they do other tours, but only make that trip once a year). It's crazy expensive, but we're thinking of doing it for our 10 or 15 year anniversary. I'd also love to see India, particularly Goa and Rajasthan. Also I'd love to go to the Croatian Mediterranean Riviera. The beaches are supposed to be fantastic with a lot less tourists and traffic than France or Italy.

As long as H is in the military, we're dealing with travel restrictions, which means all of the above are out for now. As far as attainable, H and I are talking about booking onto a Viking River Cruise (yes, we do watch a lot of PBS, and yes, we would be 30 years younger than most people on them). Or doing a train around England and Scotland.

So, where would you like to go?

TTC #1 since 11/2012
Me-31, H-27
**Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
**Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
 9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
 U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: S/O Trips you'd love to take...

• Austrailia and New Zealand, and Bora Bora or Fiji! Maybe for our five year.

TTC #1 for 18+ months - Age 32
    Aug-2014: All initial testing went well, waiting for 2015 for possible IUI.
    Love beer and bagels (not together), hate olives

• Ireland and Scotland are on the top of our list.

@divinemsbee My parents took a Viking River Cruise and loved it. Said it was the best cruise they ever took!

Me: 32 DH: 34 Married 7/08 DD Born 8/09 
    TTC#2 Since 2/13 (Secondary IF)
    2/13 thru 2/14 - Year of charting, OPK and TI
    3/14 thru 7/14 - Clomid cycles, DH SA came back good
    8/14 - HSG and more blood work
    9/14 - Letrozole + trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    10/14 - Letrozole + Bravelle + trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!! EDD 7/27/15
  • Loading the player...
  • I've already been to Australia and New Zealand, but I would love to go back again so DH can experience it.

Also, Italy. It's definitely on the "it will happen someday" list. I have family there near Filleto and I would love to actually find them and meet them in person. Visiting the Vatican is also something I would have to do there... As well as many other stops lol

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e004fc06de8560c7b08afd8da184426/tumblr_inline_mxveimFLAn1s4d130.gif
                                                                             Me: 28  H: 28  DS: 4
    [TTC Since October 2013] [ BFP 1.27.15  EDD: 10.8.15]
    I WEAR ORANGE FOR MY GRANDMA- SUPPORT KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS
    Trinitrotoluene: "My ears have been deflowered
....my mouth just hasn't been!"

BabyFruit Ticker 
                                        BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm not much of a traveler, but I'd LOVE to visit Australia and New Zealand!!!
    Hudson photo 18-3_zps5a790486.jpg
  • I have wanted to go to Venice, Italy since I was six years old and the rest of Italy since I took my first art history course in high school. We are currently planning to take a big italian vacation for our 10 year anniversary.

We also want to go to England, Scotland, and Ireland. We both have a ton of family history in those countries, not to mention all the literary sites. There is a tea shop in England started by Jane Austen's sister that is still run by Jane Austen's family. It would be so cool to go there and spend the afternoon reading with a hot cup of tea.

DH wants to take me to Germany and show me where he lived for several years. I want to go to Spain for the art history sites. I want to hike the Inca Trail.

Basically, throw a dart at a world map and book me a flight. I want to see everything. :)
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I've only been "overseas" once when I was 3.  My parents took us to Denmark (as that is part of my nationality).  The tip top of my list is going to Ireland. I'd love to see it.  I heard it's so pretty there.
    H has been on numerous cruises and has gone to Dominican Republic, France and London and wants to go to Ireland.  

Secretly, I'm a bit jealous of H.  He's been on more vacations outside of the USA then I have.  He's told me stories about London and France.  He's been honest and said he had taken his ex-fiance with him on those trips.  Thankfully, that relationship ended and he met me.  We're happily married and ran into his ex-fiance at the food store a week ago.  She looks so sad and lonely.  I feel bad...but in reality, I don't. (I know that's wrong to say but I can't help that I have a great man!)

Rainbow Baby! BFP 02/20/2018 EDD 11/01/2018
    BFP 10/31/2017 EDD 07/09/2018 Miscarriage 11/28/2017
    DD # 1: BFP 5/22/2014  EDD 1/30/2015 Born 02/06/2015
    DS # 1: BFP 7/18/2000 EDD 3/27/2001 Born 4/1/01
  • Somewhere we haven't been?

My dream for many years has been Venice Italy.  Wanna go there so bad!
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • All of the above, and then some! LOL... I'd love to go anywhere, really. I love seeing new places, new things, etc.

I'd love to go to Italy, Sweden, England, Spain, Germany... well, all of Europe, really.

I'd also really like to go to Canada. Is that weird?

Fiji and Bora Bora are on my top list right now.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10 (born August 2004)
    Married 03/01/14
    TTC#2
    BFP: 05/17/2014 EDD: 1/25/15 MMC: 06/30/2014
    BFP: 01/31/15 MMC: 02/25/15 

• I'd love to check off the last three states I haven't been to so I could say I've visited all 50 States. I've got Montana, Washington, and Alaska left.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a GIRL! EDD 2.6.15

• MusicFanaticMusicFanatic member
    edited March 2014

I'd also really like to go to Canada. Is that weird?

I don't think so!  My H was born and raised in Canada :)  We try and go visit up there twice a year or so. I love MANY parts of Canada, especially Montreal.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • We got to travel a lot as grad students, so we got to see a lot of the places on our wish-list already. There are a bunch that we still want to visit though:
    - Iceland
    - Nepal
    - northern Chile/Atacama Desert
    - Netherlands
    - Costa Rica
    - Roatan Honduras
    - Seychelles

That's it :P
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• My sister lives in Germany, so I would love to go visit her there. I would also like to go to Scotland and Ireland. I've been to England, but didn't get a chance to go to London, so I want to go there as well.

• I have done a lot of traveling but a ton of places I still want to go - in no particular order: 

New Zealand 
    South Africa
    Venice and Tuscany
    Prague & Istanbul, Israel, Egypt
    Marrakesh
    Greece
    Trekking in Nepal
    Scotland & Wales
    Vienna at Christmastime

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• I have traveled a LOT, but there's always more places I'd like to go to!  I'd love to go to Iceland, Bolivia, Alaska, Ecuador, and Belize.  If time and money weren't factors, I've always wanted to do the Trans-Mongolian railroad across Russia, Mongolia, and China.  But that's not looking too likely in the near future.  
  • I used to travel a lot for work, so I've been fortunate enough to visit quite a few countries, so nothing too exotic is on my list.
    I would love to go to Hawaii (DH was born there so he'd love to go back too.) Oh, and I really really want to visit Banff (in Summer.) It's so incredibly beautiful.

BFP #1: 3/4/2011 ~ EDD 11/14/2011 ~ DD Born 10/26/2011
    BFP #2: 10/12/2013 ~ EDD 6/23/2014 ~ Natural MC 10/28/2013 @ 6wk
    BFP #3: 6/4/2014 ~ EDD 2/13/2015 ~ b-HCG dropped 6/18/2014, Natural MC 6/20/2014 @ 6wk

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Italy, Jerusalem and Belarus
  • @lulu783 Wow, that is awesome you only have 3 more states to finish! GL

We were able to cross off China this year but still so many places to see.

Never been - Brazil, Czech Republic, Japan, Panama, Ireland, England, Spain

Dying to return soon - Italy, Germany   

Within the states: Washington, New York, Alaska

Married since 09/21/2008, TTC now!
      TTGP May Siggy Fave Meme                                

• We're really hoping to go to Japan in the next year or two. There are also a lot of train trips we'd like to take, pretty much anywhere a train runs.
    TTGP May Siggy Challenge: Favorite Meme
    Retail Robin

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

ME - 27  
    DH - 34 PKD and CMT, low count & low motility
    TTC #1 since June 2013

• I'd also really like to go to Canada. Is that weird?

I cannot figure out why this would be weird...?

We really want to do a trip to Chile/Argentina, as well as Australia, NZ, Fiji, just to pick a couple.  We have a fairly long list, we love to travel!
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the s/o ;) this upcoming trip will knock 3 of our major bucket list countries off the list. After that, we want to do a London/Ireland trip and Hawaii. We're hoping Hawaii could potentially be a baby moon ;) We unfortunately never made it to California like we wanted due to H projects at work conflicting with my spring break so San Fran is still high on that list also. I really want to go to Havasu Falls in Arizona, and visit Colorado as far as US vacations go. Oh and New Orleans. Maybe my NJ bumpie-turned-LA-bumpie @beckynsean11‌ will show me around NOLA one day ;)
  • I would loooove to do a tour of Europe, and spend some more time in France. And as a Lord of the Rings fan, I'd love to see New Zealand!

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • Joy2611 said:
     And as a Lord of the Rings fan, I'd love to see New Zealand!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOIi9SjJvgU

^^ Honest Trailer for Lord of the Rings.  It mentions what you do in your post.
    Haha, those trailers crack me up. Reminds me of the "How It Should Have Ended" videos.

BabyFruit Ticker  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"