Multiples
Options

Stroller for quads?

I have a friend who is currently pregnant with quadruplets!  She found a good deal on a Foundations quad stroller for $265.  I have read mixed reviews about this stroller and was wondering if anyone could share their experience with this stroller?  Does anyone recommend a different one?  Is it true you can only use this for 6 months plus?  Or is there an attachment they sell that will allow you to hook the infant car seats in?  Thank you for any information you can provide!

Re: Stroller for quads?

• Options
    WOW. Holy cow. 

I will say this -- the odds of her getting out before the kiddos are 6m on her own with all four babies are likely slim to none (I hope she has help!). Her best bet may be to just get two double Snap N Gos and then later decide on a stoller for when they're older once she decides how likely/frequent it is she'll be venturing out solo with all four (God bless her). 
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you for your response!  Yes, I'm guessing it will be hard for her to get out and about much before they are older as well.  She is 33 weeks today and is scheduled to deliver next Friday (4/4/14)!  All of them are boys so she will definitely have her hands full!  I will defintely pass this on to her as this stroller is a a resale going on this weekend.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we thought about a quad too. 17 mo old DD and newborn triplets.  Went instead with 2 doubles.  Boys are still in NICU, so we haven't used it yet, but seems ay easier.

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Options
    As previous post said - WOW, 33 weeks, she is a miracle maker. High fives and hugs to her.
    I only have triplets but the only places we went for the first 8-10 months was doctors appointment. We had a triplet stroller just for walks around the neighborhood but we stopped using it because we never got far b/c everyone wanted to come out and talk to us.
    She will likely not be going anywhere alone for the first little bit so 2 doubles might be easier.
    Still is awe. Props to her for 33 weeks.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the responses!  She had me go ahead and pick it up for her on Friday.  I will still pass on this info. as they try to figure out what will work best for them!  She had the babies last Friday!  All are healthy and doing well. 
  • Options
    Wow! She is amazing! I have to agree that taking Quads out on her own won't be for a long while. I barely venture out with my twins alone and they are 4 months. I really only go to places by myself where I can keep them in a stroller. My best wishes for her!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I have a friend with quads who has one and is glad she does. Even if she doesn't get out alone when they're tiny, it's still nice to have someone who isn't pushing a stroller, you know?
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    I still use my quad stroller and my kiddos just turned two. We used the stroller as soon as they came home from the NICU. The seats lean back a little so you can lay them down a bit. I would recommend her getting two double strollers because the quad stroller is pretty heavy.
    image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"