August 2012 Moms
Options

Is anyone else's kid dropping their only nap?

For the last month or so, Kate only takes a nap maybe three days out of the week. And even then it's only for an hour and a half, tops. She won't fall asleep until about nine at night, regardless of naps or not. She dropped to only one nap a day at around seven months. I admit I'm not very good at enforcing naps if she doesn't seem tired, but I'm getting worried that naps are on their way out. It seems a toddler needs more sleep that she's getting, which is about eleven hours at night. And I dearly miss the break I get from a nap. Is anyone else dealing with this?

Re: Is anyone else's kid dropping their only nap?

• Options
    Naps are hit or miss here. They are never very long either. Often her naps are car naps for an hour. I think our problem is her nap time is between 1 and 2. But we have to leave at 2:30 to get DD1 from school. So if she's not asleep by 2 I put her in the car and leave early. It really is too young to give up naps. I just keep trying. 
    I was actually happy when DD1 dropped her nap. She dropped hers around 3, which was early compared to her other friends. I hate fighting kids that are fighting sleep. 
    Sorry no advice but I can commiserate with you. 
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    Lo is still taking hers but your story scares me I don't know what I would do without the one hour we get. Good luck fighting sleep stinks.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow! It sounds like a lot of us are having a tough time with sleep right now. I hope it passes soon!
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options

OMG!  I'm so sorry you all are dealing with the possibility of loosing the last nap!  We just transitioned DD from 2 naps to 1 about a month ago.  I know, I know, I was late to the game.  But we get her up so early and keep her up later than 'd like (just so I can get a little time with her), that she really did better with 2 naps!  She was still taking 2 naps with the baby sitter.  But on weekends she would fight one of them (mostly becasue I wasn't waking her up at 5:30 am, but was letting her sleep until she woke on her own at 7).  The transition from 2 naps to 1 has gone well, and when she gets laid down (about noon-ish) she is soooooo ready to sleep.  My only complaint is that when she was taking 2 naps they'd be 1.5 hrs each (3 hours total).  But now with one nap I'm lucky if its 2 hrs.  So I miss that extra hour of quite time!

Good luck ladies!  Here's hoping its a short phase that passes quickly!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"