May 2014 Moms

Husband ready?

Does anyone feel like their husband is not ready for baby? This is #2 for us and all I can think about is getting ready for baby and baby actually being here. My husband doesn't really have much to say about it. He was even wondering why we are having a baby shower (this is a girl and we have a boy). I know men are different but I wish he was acting a little more excited. He says he is excited but just ready for it to be here. So I'm trying not to talk about it a whole lot so maybe he won't be sick of hearing about the same thing from me. Haha Anyone else feel the same way?

Re: Husband ready?

• My DH nearly hyperventilated during the labor video at our class. No he's not ready. And now I have a backup support person.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's more like a diaper shower only.
  • What's wrong with having a diaper shower for a second baby? I'm going from a boy to a girl so it's like starting all over with some things. My sister wanted to give me one so who am I to tell her no.
  • My DH doesn't show excitement like I do. He says he can't wait, but some of his actions tells me he isn't ready for his life to change completely. I hope once baby arrives he'll show more excitement. This is our first.
  • I don't even know what you mean "go here". Is this a middle school or something ?? Some of you people are so judgmental
  • IBackBevoIBackBevo member
    edited March 2014
    Gmom2010 said:
    I don't even know what you mean "go here". Is this a middle school or something ?? Some of you people are so judgmental
    I think she is referring to the fact that anyone who spends any amount of time on TB at all knows that 2nd showers are generally frowned upon and that "but I am having a different sex" is also not an excuse that generally is viewed around here as necessitating a second shower. 

Personally, I don't care whether you have a second shower or not--your life not mine--but having a baby of a different sex doesn't really require that you purchase all new baby items like having a baby for the first time does.  You should be able to re-use most of the items--i.e. car seats, strollers, high chairs, jumpers, toys, carriers, pump, bottles, etc.      

Edit: I will also add that I don't think it is a "judgment" reserved exclusively to The Bump.  In general, I think most people frown on second showers from an etiquette stand point unless there is some exceptional circumstance like having a decade between babies or a house fire or something. 
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Well, I'm not sure what you need to "start over" with just because baby is the opposite sex as your first, other than clothes? 

Regardless, Both my husband and I are basically feeling like your husband is so I don't really have any insight.  Having been there done that, I'm not really into all the prep like I was the first time around.  It is what it is.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Gmom2010 said:
    Why do I post things on here? Isn't this supposed to be for support to talk to other moms? Do you think I have left over diaper from my first baby? You guys are assholes. I'm deleting my account.
    Check off "Isn't this suppose to be for support?" on your bingo cards ladies.

You can check off "You guys are assholes" and "I'm deleting my account" too. Hay-zeus, I almost have BINGO from this post alone.

FWIW @Gmom2010 - second showers never go over well here. Just because you're going from girl to boy doesn't entitle you to have yet another shower or to require people to spend more money on you and your kids. If they want to buy you a gift, SUPER, but being an AW is eye-roll worthy for sure. And because you don't have diapers left from kid #1, other people should be forced to buy them for you? No. It's your kid. Buy your own diapers.

Also, you can't delete your account. Like, ever. You can go ahead and not sign in, or not post, or whatever you want, but it's not possible to delete your account.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • IBackBevo said:
    This thread is hitting all of the spots on the Bingo card.

Dang it Beevs, I was about to call Bingo! haha
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Staying on track here.... I think DH is ready to have a child (our first) and do the parenting thing but he also just told me he doesn't want to cut the cord and that he's really nervous about L&D. The cord thing is fine with me I wud rather him be honest but it looks like I'm def going to need to depend in someone else. I don't see him being a good coach which sucks bc I really want him there. We have our childbirth class this wkend so hopefully that helps. I feel ya :(
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • Gmom2010 said:
    Why do I post things on here? Isn't this supposed to be for support to talk to other moms? Do you think I have left over diaper from my first baby? You guys are assholes. I'm deleting my account.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • ^JT is yummy!
  • ljbreck said:
    ^JT is yummy!
    Meh. His personality kills any physical attraction for me.

On topic...I got nuthin. I'm an asshole too.
  • aw OP, you seem to be confused yourself about this second shower you're apparently having.  You're calling it a diaper shower and mention needing diapers but also talking about how you need different things because it's a girl.  One has nothing to do with the other but nice try.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Peace out! Enjoy your diaper shower... Hope they are gender specific
    Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
    BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
    BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

• I agree with @ISeeYouRN‌. What do you even do with that many diapers?
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • ljbreck said:
    ^JT is yummy!

Say what? His personality makes him even MORE attractive! We ain't frenz no mo.
    Booooo. What happened to sisters before misters? I though this place was for support!
  • ljbreck said:
    ^JT is yummy!

Say what? His personality makes him even MORE attractive! We ain't frenz no mo.
    Booooo. What happened to sisters before misters? I though this place was for support!
    We say "bros before hoes" here in the US. ;)
    Oh, I see how it is.

:p
  • I also didn't receive any diapers at my shower. I was thinking about selling a kidney to pay for my own. You only need one kidney right????
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"