October 2014 Moms

moms who fly

Goldfishy14Goldfishy14 member
edited March 2014 in October 2014 Moms
I fly a lot, and I was just wondering what you guys do to prepare? What medicines can I take for queasy-ness? 

I flew the first time over the weekend to visit some relatives with SO, and the whole time I was just super nauseous. I ended up puking halfway through the flight. Blah! 

Re: moms who fly

• I fly a lot. I have to do at least one Coast to Coast per month for work. I fly the red eye so I usually just take benadryl to sleep. I have never had issues with flying nausea, but I have heard sea bands may help.
    My doctor also suggests wearing support hose to prevent blood clots and walking every two hours.

• I fly a lot but I don't get nauseous. I would assume you could take zofran since it's an anti nausea that is safe during pregnancy. Is an Rx though so you'll need to get it from your ob.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • To be clear I have plenty of nausea with this pregnancy it's just not any worse flying.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't has to fly while pregnant yet, but I fly pretty regularly for work and am constantly motion sick. Sea bands do help, and I chug ginger ale like my life depends on it. I can never sleep in an airplane and can't read because it makes me nauseous, so finding a distraction (so that I don't have to focus on how slowly my watch is ticking) is how I cope the best. Audiobooks have been a lifesaver. I'm so sorry that you had such a rough flight!

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thank you all, I'll talk to my OB about Zofran. It's really odd that I did get sick, because I never do. Hopefully it was something I ate or drank that did it. 
  • Seabands and Zofran really helped when I flew a few weeks ago. Also pack some crackers or other dry snacks to keep something in your belly too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • duckrduckr member
    I don't fly often but speaking from my experience a month ago: Zofran, crackers, and the aisle seat (if possible).

• I tried sea bands, I fly a lot and never get sick but with the ms in full swing I did not want to take a chance.  They seemed to help.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Support hose can be a life saver.

For me I pack lots of little snacks and get a big bottle of water. I try and find Ginger Ale ASAP once I get through security.

I also lay down during my lay overs. It seems weird. A grown ass adult laying down in the waiting area but getting horizontal is my only life saver.

I also played the pregnancy card a lot when I was pg last year. I would use it to "get an aisle seat because I had to get up to pee often" or "Can I be in a row all by myself because I need to stretch my legs out to give the baby more room in my tummy", normally they are VERY understanding.

I keep Tums where it is easily reachable.

When the plane is unloading, if you row partners get off the plane first take a couple min (if you can) and either lay down, or prop your feet up.

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• I second the support hose and a big bottle of water. The drink cart never comes fast enough and those tiny cups definitely don't cut it.  Also, when I'm in the late second and third trimester I make sure to get up often and walk around. It's a pain, but my doctor insists, and it does seem to help with the swelling. 

For the nausea I make sure I have something like bread or crackers to snack on, but I've only found it to be a major issue in the first trimester. 

• Support hose can be a life saver.

For me I pack lots of little snacks and get a big bottle of water. I try and find Ginger Ale ASAP once I get through security.

I also lay down during my lay overs. It seems weird. A grown ass adult laying down in the waiting area but getting horizontal is my only life saver.

I also played the pregnancy card a lot when I was pg last year. I would use it to "get an aisle seat because I had to get up to pee often" or "Can I be in a row all by myself because I need to stretch my legs out to give the baby more room in my tummy", normally they are VERY understanding.

I keep Tums where it is easily reachable.

When the plane is unloading, if you row partners get off the plane first take a couple min (if you can) and either lay down, or prop your feet up.
    Yes! Play the card. I always book an aisle and sometimes I get bumped to First. I carry a nalgene bottle and the flight attendants will keep it full once I let them know Im pregnant. Snacks, lots of snacks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"