April 2014 Moms

(VENT)I'm so frustrated and stressed! Bad timing!

Here in Botswana everyone has a maid/nanny. It is cultural (I'm not rich) and expected. Plus there really isn't daycare here, unless you put your child in school and usually that starts at 2 years old. We have had the same nanny/maid since Feb 2013 and she has been great with DD. Lately she has been disappearing for 1-2 days at a time without warning or explanation which is stressful, but because DD loves her so much we haven't fired her.

She came to our house yesterday and told me she would be away Monday and this person she brought to meet me would cover for her. No problem, just work for me to make a list of house work and food for DD and prep her food. Then DH calls today and says he talked to the nanny/maid and she told him she would either be back on Wednesday or at work on Wednesday he wasn't sure what she meant. I come home to here this other lady telling me that our nanny/maid told her she would be gone for 3 months!!!!!!!!

I am due to have this baby 2 weeks from today and I haven't talked to our maid/nanny about all of it. She was planned to watch DD even if I went into labor on the weekend or if we needed her to come early in the morning before her normal working hours. Now I have no idea who is going to watch DD or if the nanny is coming back when. Whether or not I should fire her as she works really well with DD and DD loves her. I'm so stressed out I keep crying about it and I have so much work (am a teacher) to do that is due Friday!

DD is asleep and DH is working and I know I can't sit here and stress about it as I have things to do, but gosh what a time to do this to us! I'm so angry and annoyed!  I know there are bigger issues in life, but this is stressful right now. We don't have family here and no close close friends that don't work. My workmates will all be away on leave as I am due during our holiday break. Our nanny/maid was our only hope since we know her and she is good with DD and I have to be at the hospital for 2 nights. I just didn't need this right now!.

Anyway, thanks for listening.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: (VENT)I'm so frustrated and stressed! Bad timing!

• Wow. That really is bad timing to deal with that! My advice would be to do what you can to get through the baby getting here and your recovery - then reassess what your long term plan with the nanny will be.

Even if she is great with your daughter, she doesn't sound very reliable right now. Unless she is willing to be more communicative with you about why she's being such a flake I don't think it's worth the hassle of dealing with.

Good luck, lady. Things will work out somehow.
  • I'm so sorry with the timing of this all. I agree with PP that her behavior lately is just so unreliable that even though she's good with your daughter, she doesn't seem to be a good fit for your family any more. I don't know that it makes sense to wait around for her. 

FX for you that you are able to find a solution that brings you some peace of mind!
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with PP. good luck mama! It'll all work out.

• Thanks ladies!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"