November 2014 Moms
Options

The Bump. Certain "sayings" seen as negative..

Just curious, why is saying "baby dust" frowned down upon on the ttc or other boards on TB???

Re: The Bump. Certain "sayings" seen as negative..

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gotcha! Never thought About the death correlation. Makes sense!
    Thanks.

• Options
    It does sound weird, but I would just disregard the comment when and if it were said to me as another one of those ridiculous internet slang phase pieces.

• Options
    I love how it's progressed from baby dust to STICKY baby dust. The whole thing seems silly and childish and now add on sticky, it just sounds gross!!!
  • Options
    "Baby dust," "BD," "preggers," and the much-reviled "prego" seem to be on the list of terms people avoid on The Bump. These seem to be the big offenders, but I could be missing other terms.

Sticky baby dust makes me think of cotton candy that gets stuck to your hand. I have no idea why, but it's not a positive association.

Me: 42, DH: 40; Surprise BFP 4/27/2011; no heartbeat at 9w3d, we miss you, Baby Manatee; D&C 6/1/2011; AF returned 6/26/2011; Ready to try for our take-home baby. 7/24/2011--BFP! Peanut born March 2012; BFP: 7/31/2013!; blighted ovum at 7 weeks 8/26/2013. Holy Cannoli! BFP 2/23/2014. EDD 11/6/2014!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    KMW08KMW08 member
    As previously stated Baby dust on ttc and al communities here is offensive to those who have cremated their babies. As they have their ashes. ((Hugs)) to all those mommas.

Prego and preggers is just annoying. It sounds childish and we're all adults. You can say penis & vagina, why can't you say pregnant?

BD (I read this as big-deed and not baby-dance) & HIO are used pretty regularly on ttcal.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    Hio??

• Options
    KMW08 said:

As previously stated Baby dust on ttc and al communities here is offensive to those who have cremated their babies. As they have their ashes. ((Hugs)) to all those mommas.

Prego and preggers is just annoying. It sounds childish and we're all adults. You can say penis & vagina, why can't you say pregnant?

BD (I read this as big-deed and not baby-dance) & HIO are used pretty regularly on ttcal.

Yup! "Baby dust" never bother me until I had to have my baby cremated in Sept. Now every time I see someone say it, it makes me sad and pissed all in one. I appreciate the women on TB recognizing this and choosing not to use the phrase! :)
    ME: 30    DH: 35    DS: 2 years
    BFP#1 - DS Born 2~15~2012
    BFP #2 - MMC @9 wk
    BFP #3  - Sleeping Baby Girl at 5 1/2 months :(
    BFP #4: Due Date 11/21/14

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    KMW08KMW08 member
    lisaren said:

Hio??

Hump it out! :)

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    I hate hate hate preggers, sounds so dumb. Also KU. If you are pregnant with your DHs baby you should not say KU. It makes me think of the movie KU, aka a situation where you are pregnant under not good circumstances.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"