October 2013 Moms

Woven Wearers

So I'm semi obsessed with my new woven and I'm constantly practicing the double hammock and the rucksack back carries - but I feel like I need some more work.

But I'm wondering what are your favorite carries (front & back.) And are there easier ones to do in public. Right now I have yards of material dragging on the ground as I'm trying to get started.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Woven Wearers

• What type of woven did you get?  LO has always been carried around via carrier or stroller because he hated the Moby has a baby.  He is inquisitive and likes to look around.  It is getting to be festival season around here, and we like to go to a lot of the family friendly events, but strollers aren't always practical.  I have been looking into a wrap/carrier that would be good for him and not heavy material because it gets hot here.

• I usually do a front wrap cross carry when we are out and about, its the one that I find is easiest.  I can do that wrap pretty quick.  If I want her on my back I do the double hammock- mostly when I'm cooking dinner and need my front free.  When she is a little bigger I'll do a back wrap cross carry- which is the carry I used most with my son.  I want to get a shorter wrap for the summer to do rucks and rebozo carries, my current wrap has way to much fabric to make those practical.
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a didymos size 7 winter star, I bought it off eBay. I'm not sure it was ever used. It isn't broken in yet. It's a wool blend and so far it's felt pretty warm. I'd like to get something a little lighter weight and shorter for summer. That's why I'm listing more crap in eBay today.

• I do the front wrap cross carry mainly and then double hammock on my back sometimes, but if I'm getting him on my back, normally I just put him in the Tula because it's quicker and easier for me, especially when we're out and about. Those carries are with a 6. I want to get a shorter wrap (4 or a 3) for some different back carries, but I'm good with my 6 and Tulas right now. 
    Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • My go-to is short cross carry (front) with a 4 or a 5. It's poppable like a ring sling, but distributes the weight on both shoulders. You can tie it off with a knot or with a sling ring:

sling ring version
    knot version

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"