Parenting after a Loss
Options

***Healthy Living Check In***

Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing well. I have some crazy things going on in my life this week, so I'll try to keep this short & sweet.

Anyone is welcome to join in..all you need is a plan and a goal.

-How successful were you this week with your plan? Anything getting in the way?

-Were you able to get any physical activity in?

Fun question of the day: What do you love most about your LOs?
TTC January 2010
BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks

Re: ***Healthy Living Check In***

• Options
    I was pretty successful this week with my diet plans. No work outings makes it easy to skip things like cheese, French fries, or salad dressing. I have been drinking a lot of coffee and diet coke...which I'll explain below. Still not in that dress. :(

Physical activity was only one walk this week. Really though it's been a stressful last couple of weeks. My MIL got sick and was in the hospital for a week and a half. Due to her health issues and extremely thin frame she cannot walk without assistance. She is in physical therapy and now requires in home healthcare. My GMIL fell Saturday night and broke her hip. She is in the hospital recovering from surgery, but will be needing to go to rehab, and get around the clock care. My DH is an only and his late dad was an only child...so all of this is on us. Then I found out today my uncle is having quadruple bypass (& his mom passed last Sunday). So needless to say on top of working full time and being a mom, you can add hospital visits and coordinating care to my schedule. So exercise this week will probably be a fail.

The thing I love most about my boys is their smiles. They are pretty happy kids. I hope the world doesn't change that for them.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options

@FmrAFBrat - Prayers for you and your family.  Sorry, you're having to deal with so much right now.

@dillngr9 - Awesome job!

-How successful were you this week with your plan? Anything getting in the way? Another sucessful week!  I'm on day 15 of my 21 day challenge, and I've lost 7 1/2 lbs!  I'm so glad I did this.  I'm only eating their pre-prepared meals and snacks, but now I have lots of ideas for things I can cook that are similar.  Also, my belly finally figured out that the smaller portion size does keep me full if I have healthy snacks in between.  I'm saving all of my containers this week so that I can portion out my food correctly once I'm cooking on my own.

I did have my 2nd cheat meal this past Friday.  I had to have chili at our chili cook-off, and it was so good.  Especially with an ice cold beer!  It was so hot here on Friday, and I sweat a ton getting our booth set up.  I thought that would totally derail me, but I hopped right back on track the next day.

-Were you able to get any physical activity in?  Yes, lots of cardio on the elliptical machine at the gym, and I'm doing the Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred Workout.  I'm not doing it every day because I truly believe in giving your muscles a break, but every other day is working for me.

Fun question of the day: What do you love most about your LOs?  I love her goofy sense of humor!  I still can't understand her babbling, but she'll point to me say something with inflection and laugh.  I'll laugh with her because she obviously thought it was funny.  I can't wait until I get actual words to go along with her little jokes.

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"