August 2013 Moms

Uuuuuugh *yup, a vent*

I need to vent about two things real quick. Bare with me. First of all, my wedding is supposed to be on August 1 of this year. It's been put off. :( AGAIN. I'm sad. :( we got an eviction notice and had to pay 1600 to stay plus our 199.98 disconnect notice for Nipsco put is back. Now we won't have enough for the wedding. Even if I cut a whole lot of things... :( it's put off for a year. :( Second. My little sister lives a few streets away from me. When I moved here, I thought "ok, far enough away from my family, but not too far." A few months later, my little sister moves in 2 streets away. I was a little irritated. Now, she's moving two houses down. It's like no matter what I do, I can't get away from her but still stay close to my mom and grandma. She just keeps following me!!! She keeps coming over here like everything is going to be sweet honky dory but I don't want her that close to me! I want to pitch a fit and burn the house down before she moves in next week... :( ugh!!!! Thank you for letting me vent.

Re: Uuuuuugh *yup, a vent*

• I need to vent about two things real quick. Bare with me.
    First of all, my wedding is supposed to be on August 1 of this year. It's been put off. :( AGAIN. I'm sad. :( we got an eviction notice and had to pay 1600 to stay plus our 199.98 disconnect notice for Nipsco put is back. Now we won't have enough for the wedding. Even if I cut a whole lot of things... :( it's put off for a year. :(

Second. My little sister lives a few streets away from me. When I moved here, I thought "ok, far enough away from my family, but not too far." A few months later, my little sister moves in 2 streets away. I was a little irritated. Now, she's moving two houses down. It's like no matter what I do, I can't get away from her but still stay close to my mom and grandma. She just keeps following me!!! She keeps coming over here like everything is going to be sweet honky dory but I don't want her that close to me! I want to pitch a fit and burn the house down before she moves in next week... :( ugh!!!!

Thank you for letting me vent.

I don't understand you got an eviction notice but have to pay 1600 to stay? I thought if you were evicted you had to just...go?

I'm sorry you are having a rough time!
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with PPs. Get that silly piece of paper and then when you can afford it, have a ceremony/party later. NBD. People do it all the time. 

Also, you can't control where your sister moves, but you can control how she affects your life. If she annoys you/pisses you off, don't spend time with her. Simple as that. 

• I'm sorry you are having a rough time. I hope things get better.

Have you considered getting married at the courthouse? I never thought I would... But we did and I honestly wouldn't trade the day for anything in the world.

Sorry to hear you are so annoyed my your sister. This makes me sad. My Brother is a marine. We've lived far away from each other our entire adult lives. He currently lives 11 hours away from me. I would do anything to be 2 houses down from him. Even if we do get on each other's nerves now and then. ...hopefully you will be able to enjoy having family close by.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • I agree with PP's about not needing the big wedding. I had a small wedding. We planned it in 2 weeks. We were married in a gazebo in a park near our house. I had a small 25 person dinner afterwards at a restaurant. My dress cost $60 for Loehmann's. It was perfect. 

The point was to be married and we were and we got to do it surrounded by those closest to us. I will also say I love my dress and though some may shudder at the thought of a $60 clearance store dress, it was gorgeous and I wouldn't change a thing. I hope things work out for you. I'm sorry you are struggling.
  • RevezRevez member

I'm sorry you're going through some stuff right now, but to be honest, if $2,000 is making that big of an impact maybe you shouldn't be having a traditional "wedding" right now.  You can get married at the courthouse for very little...

This. If $2000 is the difference between wedding and no wedding you probably should be looking at other options. Like pps have said, why not get married at a courthouse and have the ceremony later when you can actually afford it?

What would happen if you actually spent that money on the wedding and then got evicted afterwards? Then you couldn't afford to stay. You need to have some sort of emergency fund for situations just like that.

Also - what's wrong with your sister? It's not like you have to see her just because she lives a few houses down, do you?

• I agree with the courthouse. If you are worried about the wedding and are strapped for cash then just sign the papers. We spend $80 for s justice of the peace and got married in my parents living room. Not glamorous, didn't have everyone there..but when we can afford it we will have a renewal with a party.

What's wrong with your sister moving so close?
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • I agree with PPs about the courthouse wedding. We got married at the courthouse, and it was awesome. My parents later insisted on having a traditional wedding, but we were not interested in shelling out lots of money to get married. 

As for your sister, I think we've missed some part of the story. Why don't you want her to live close to you? 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Everyone has said it but I agree. If you are getting evicted, the least of you worries should be a wedding. If it means that much to you, go to the courthouse. If you can afford it down the road, have a bigger ceremony. Or you can wait until your 5 year and do like a renewal ceremony.
    imageimageimageimage

• What they all said.
  • petey1106 said:

I feel like you have a tendency to post hot topics, or topics that get you a lot of responses, but you take FOR.EV.ER to come back and reply or explain your original post. It's kinda annoying...

OK I'm done now.

Am I wrong?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• You would think she would have come back by now... don't post and run OP!
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • If you're getting eviction and disconnect notices and $2000 is enough to push back your wedding for a whole year, the last thing you need to be spending money on is a big party.  You can be married without a wedding and have a vow renewal/anniversary party down the line.  Your kids need to be fed, clothed, housed, and have a little emergency stash in case of another eviction notice or medical problem.  That's where your money should go.  

I don't know what the issue with your sister is, but if you don't want her coming over to your house, you need to set those boundaries regardless of whether she's living two houses down or two states over.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No answer still? You've got to be shitting me. :-q
  • amarissa85amarissa85 member
    edited March 2014
    Well this is disappointing. I hate hot topic post and runs.
    imageimageimageimage

• So annoying when you post and run. And don't try to come back and say you were busy living your life and don't have enough time to check back. That ish is annoying.
  • I think burning her house down is not a good idea. Just saying.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • edited March 2014
    She pawned her computer to get bill money

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• She pawned her computer to get bill money

/DEAD/
  • I agree with @TrueBeliever925‌ x tons.

Can't pay to keep the roof over your head? TTC is off the table, wedding would even be on the radar-- I mean huh? I'd be worried about food & shelter... :-??

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• The internet probably got disconnected

Omg. Lmao.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Ditto all of PPs andplusalso, are you 12? You need to get your crap together and prioritize! Stop whining about a wedding and make sure you're babies have a roof over their head.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited March 2014
    *major side eye* Yea...if $2000 put you THAT far behind you definitely need to re- think this wedding situation.

While you're "planning a wedding" you're getting evicted? WTF?
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is better than my nap post!
  • This is better than my nap post!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"