October 2014 Moms
Options

Cyclic paranoia

Apparently my mommy paranoia did not escape me this pregnancy. I've never m/c'd but had bad bleeding early with my DS. After that I would feel all confident happy and healthy for about a week or two after my appts/ HB checks. Then the " feeling" would creep in. Like something might be wrong. Over the next two weeks it'd turn into hard core paranoia that I'd hear no HB on my next visit only to repeat. This time it's not nearly so bad but I do get panicky just before. Didn't help that the nurse couldn't find a HB with the Doppler at my 12wk. Had an u/s which was a ok but the wait between was terrifying enough. I'm blaming the jerk dr with my 1st pregnancy who answered my panicked questions after the bleeding episode with " there are no guarantees what may happen after we see you, he's on now but anything can happen" niiiiice bedside manner jerk. Anyway just venting about my nutty-ness feels better already. Also I <3 this group. So much more supportive than my beyond snarky Group in 2010.
Lilypie - (JLjB)

Re: Cyclic paranoia

• Options
    I totally agree with @HiCan that some of it is the bump causing paranoia. I think it has for me, too, and has made me so much more cautious than maybe what I need to be.

We have our 11 week appointment Tuesaday and they will try and find the HB on the Doppler, but I won't get an ultrasound. I am really nervous that something has gone wrong, even though I know that missed miscarriages are less common so the fact that I haven't had any spotting or bleeding is a good sign. There is just no guarantee with pregnancy or parenting! I feel like I have can control my own life but having someone else's life in my hands is so scary.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm nervous, too. I was more blase until 9w, when I had my bleed. Now I worry before every appt.

I wish I was having my nuchal this week, but it's not until a week from Tuesday.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

April siggy challenge -- FLOWERS!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    HiCan said:

Oh you don't have to explain to me.  I get it.  I have no reason to assume anything is wrong necessarily, but I'm having my NT scan tomorrow and I'm worried there will be no heartbeat.  My nausea went away at 9.5 weeks and though I know that can be normal, I can't help but wonder if it's bad.  Oh well...nothing I can do about it now.  We'll find out tomorrow!!

ETA:  In some ways I feel like my "paranoia" comes from The Bump.  When you get so many pregnant ladies together, you're bound to see losses unfortunately.  But, you then think of those losses when symptoms or things happen to you, even if they're normal.  Does that make sense?
    I feel the same.
  • Options
    Totally with you. I had same fears with DS for no particular reason, would feel reassured, paniky again, back to reassured, repeat cycle. Same thing is happening this time although I'm way less uptight this time around so it's not quite as bad but I'm still having the freakouts.
  • Options
    I'm right there with you. I am worried something will go wrong even though I have no reason to worry.
  • Options
    HiCan said:
    Oh you don't have to explain to me.  I get it.  I have no reason to assume anything is wrong necessarily, but I'm having my NT scan tomorrow and I'm worried there will be no heartbeat.  My nausea went away at 9.5 weeks and though I know that can be normal, I can't help but wonder if it's bad.  Oh well...nothing I can do about it now.  We'll find out tomorrow!!

ETA:  In some ways I feel like my "paranoia" comes from The Bump.  When you get so many pregnant ladies together, you're bound to see losses unfortunately.  But, you then think of those losses when symptoms or things happen to you, even if they're normal.  Does that make sense?

All of this. Including the NT tomorrow.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I have worries, too, but they have subsided a lot with the use of a Sonoline B fetal doppler. I did not buy it; a cousin let me borrow it. 

I found baby the first time at 9w1d and have found him/her since with relative ease. However, I think that because the placenta is starting to take over, I'm having a more difficult time and have to really listen closely because the heartbeat will hardly pick up. It's still reassuring, though, to hear that little galloping heart beat away. Especially because I've started feeling so much better. 

The dopplers are $50-ish from what I've seen online and if I have another child, I will likely buy one just for the peace of mind. They are not difficult to use, but I can see how some women would freak out if they are unable to find their baby easily. There are some YouTube videos with simple demonstrations to get you started. I would be a nervous wreck without mine and this is my first pregnancy with no known (except one possibly suspected) losses.  
  • Options

I have worries, too, but they have subsided a lot with the use of a Sonoline B fetal doppler. I did not buy it; a cousin let me borrow it. 

I found baby the first time at 9w1d and have found him/her since with relative ease. However, I think that because the placenta is starting to take over, I'm having a more difficult time and have to really listen closely because the heartbeat will hardly pick up. It's still reassuring, though, to hear that little galloping heart beat away. Especially because I've started feeling so much better. 

The dopplers are $50-ish from what I've seen online and if I have another child, I will likely buy one just for the peace of mind. They are not difficult to use, but I can see how some women would freak out if they are unable to find their baby easily. There are some YouTube videos with simple demonstrations to get you started. I would be a nervous wreck without mine and this is my first pregnancy with no known (except one possibly suspected) losses.  
    I agree with the doppler. I use it every other day and it's a great item for peace of mind. It can also be the opposite if you have a hard time finding the heartbeat. But being as I'm into 2nd tri now, I'm finding it almost right away every time. I recommend getting one to ease your worry. Yet on the other hand it could just cause more. Pregnancy is a train ride, that's for sure.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options

I also have the same paranoia, especially since my morning sickness has been coming and going.  This is my first pregnancy but I luckily have 2 sisters who have been through it numerous times and they haven't tired of reassuring me that you don't always feel "pregnant", especially during your 1st trimester.

Hang in there, I hear it's easier to be reassured when you can actually feel the baby moving regularly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"