Stay at Home Moms
Options

when do you give fever reducer?

DD just turned two and has a runny nose and a temp of 101. She hasn't had a lot of fevers in her life, and never anything really high. At what temp do you usually go ahead and give tylenol or ibuprofen?

Re: when do you give fever reducer?

• Options
    For me, I usually do fever reducer when their behavior is affected (ie lethargic or clingy/whiny). If they are playing and acting normally, then I hold off.

• Options
    Spin313 said:

For me, I usually do fever reducer when their behavior is affected (ie lethargic or clingy/whiny). If they are playing and acting normally, then I hold off.

This is what we do as well.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LoveBeingMamaLoveBeingMama member
    edited March 2014
    Usually only if they seem to be feeling miserable. If they are acting ok, and it is under 102, I try to wait.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't pay attention to temp, unless it's 102.5 or over.. then I tend to med it, more so if it's before bed.  I usually won't med 101, unless it's a sickness that comes with pain (like strep).. and then I'm trying to help the pain, not so much the fever.   If she's really dragged down and "blah" I will med her.. but she doesn't usually get that way until it's over 102.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    I'm with pp, if kiddo seems uncomfortable, I'll give meds. If they're happily playing, I'll wait and watch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options

JenS2203 said:
    I'm with pp, if kiddo seems uncomfortable, I'll give meds. If they're happily playing, I'll wait and watch.
    This.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"