Baby Showers

Mom of twins.

My youngest is 15 and I am now expecting twins by a new husband. My cousins want to throw me a shower. Is that ok?

Re: Mom of twins.

• If they want to throw you a shower let them! We had a shower for a friend who also has a large gap between babies (13 years.). This LO is my first but Dh's 3rd and my MIL is co hosting with my mom.
  • Hotmommy123Hotmommy123 member
    edited March 2014
    My kids are 11 and 8... I am now pregnant with twins and having a baby shower with a 230 guest list. Hubby first. No one have a problem with it. My job that I work at for the last 14 years have giving me a job baby shower for both kids and just had one for the twin last week. It's your choice if your family and friends that are going to attend don't mine I don't see a problem with it. If every one don't bring a gift who cares you they are still celebrating your new babies on the way.
  • Loading the player...
  • My kids are 11 and 8... I am now pregnant with twins and having a baby shower with a 230 guest list. Hubby first. No one have a problem with it. My job that I work at for the last 14 years have giving me a job baby shower for both kids and just had one for the twin last week. It's your choice if your family and friends that are going to attend don't mine I don't see a problem with it. If every one don't bring a gift who cares you they are still celebrating your new babies on the way.

Please tell me the 230 guest list bit is a typo!! There are so many things wrong with this response, but that guest list is ridiculous beyond words.

OP - while I am of the camp that believes there is no reason why you should have a second shower, I honestly probably wouldn't side eye yours and attend. That said, I think the polite thing to do is decline.
  • I have two post because I just sign up. And no its not a typo. Am mixed mother white father black my husband is India Guyanese. He comes from a big family. So yes a 230 guest list for our baby shower it will be his first. At our wedding we had over 345 people.
  • You can call it anything you like. This is how we do things it's not going to change. A baby shower is a celebration of a child, not just to get gifts. We have big party when we celebrate things.
  • A baby shower is also to celebrate a new life. You feel its tacky I feel it's not. So let's just leave it at that. Every one have their own opinion on doing things. Not Every one culture is the same. You look at a baby shower with games and opening gift not me. I like music and good food not playing guessing games like guess what's in the diaper. So to me a baby shower is just like a wedding a big celebration of life.
  • And each of my guests go home with great goodies bags. Even if they didn't bring a gift.
  • Hotmommy123Hotmommy123 member
    edited March 2014
    But that's you... Who am I to judge you. I come from a big family and my husband even bigger. We have a lot of friends. So if we have 230 people so what. You guys pass judgement as if the money coming out y'all pocket. My mother and mother in law is planning it for us so why dose it matter. This is how we do things in OUR FAMILY.
  • OP, I think you have unique circumstance, and i personally would have no problem with you having a shower. Most people IRL are probably happy for you would not be offended.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kimbus22 said:

Joy2611 said:

Two... two hundred...  two hundred and thirty?

I wonder if she's pre-printing those thank you notes.  Because her baby will be in college by the time she finishes hand writing them...

It's probably better that way, as long as she uses spell- and grammar-check.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • My kids are 11 and 8... I am now pregnant with twins and having a baby shower with a 230 guest list. Hubby first. No one have a problem with it. My job that I work at for the last 14 years have giving me a job baby shower for both kids and just had one for the twin last week. It's your choice if your family and friends that are going to attend don't mine I don't see a problem with it. If every one don't bring a gift who cares you they are still celebrating your new babies on the way.

I had 50 people at my wedding & all of 5-10 for any shower that has been gifted to me. 230 people is overkill in my opinion. @-)

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"