July 2014 Moms

Yikes.. Early Labor Symptom?

TallMomma29TallMomma29 member
edited March 2014 in July 2014 Moms
So.. I nearly throw up in my mouth a little bit every time I see the subject line "mucus plug" on one of these boards.... But I'm pretty sure I may have just lost a little of mine (at 26 weeks).   Googling "mucus plug" is not for the faint of heart, just FYI. 

I've been noticing my panty liners have been getting wetter faster the past few days, and I've had random bouts of low back pain, and then today there was a little bit of very strange discharge that I have never had before.  It was pretty gross and I thought, "ahh, another glamorous part of pregnancy!" and laughed and threw the liner away.   Then, a few minutes later my "favorite" pregnancy topic popped in my mind (mucus plug) and I thought, "that wasn't what it was, right?"  So I consulted Dr. Google.  From googling, I am pretty sure it could be part of my mucus plug.  And apparently, its normal for some women to lose that gradually... but starting much later... like 35-37 weeks.  

This is the first time I'm having a full on symptom freak out.  My new OB is supposed to call me within 30 minutes to let me know if I should go to L&D or not.  I just switched from Tricare Prime to Standard so I could see someone "on the town" and I have absolutely no idea which hospital I'm supposed to go to, and I can't reach DH to ask, so I'm hoping the OB will call back and help me out. Talk me off the cliff!  Do people lose a little bit of that thing early, and keep the rest in tact for the rest of pregnancy? 

Re: Yikes.. Early Labor Symptom?

• No idea about the plug just wanted to send good vibes. And please... Take a step back from the cliff!
  • Loading the player...
  • My MW basically told me to invest in panty liners for the rest of my pregnancy. Some days there is more than others. It's probably okay, but I'll be thinking of you!

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Mucus plugs are pretty distinct IMO. I would still see what the doctor says but hopefully it's just the increase in vaginal discharge that you are noticing. :) I hope everything is okay :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Good to hear you're checking with OB. I don't have early experience like you've described, but when my water broke at 39 weeks, I noticed the discharged to have a different odor from what I had noticed through my pregnancy. I know some people are sensitive about mucus plug descriptions and probably noting the odor of discharge, but I think going through it and having a baby and dealing hands deep in body discharges and such, I got over a lot of my squeamish reactions. So, I write to share and possibly inform, rather than to gross out, but if you're concerned your water has broken or is leaking, the odor may be distinct from your normal discharge. I did not loose my mp until around 38 weeks after my OB stripped it to prepared for induction in a few days. I went in to labor naturally 3 days after I noticed a small piece of it. Hope this helps, and that your OB gets back to you soon and all is well!
  • Thanks, ladies!  This has helped calm me down a lot already!  In my frantic googling I didn't realize it could regenerate itself!  I sure hope that's all it is and that it will regenerate itself.  It's definitely very distinct from other discharge (I've been wearing liners the whole time already), and combined with the low back pain that I haven't had until recently and the increase in discharge over all... I was starting to lose my mind a little.  I still haven't heard back from the OB yet but hopefully she'll call soon and just tell me to wait until I see her on Tuesday.  But it will make me feel so much better for her to just tell me it's ok to wait! 

• It's great that you called. To ease your mind, I've had mp-like discharge as well and it's fine. Hopefully it's nothing more than normal!
  • Keep us posted! I don't have experience but I'm thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way!
  • Praying its just nasty snail trail. Take it easyand keep us posted!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Thinking of you TallMama! I'm sure you're fine but keep us posted!
  • It keeps coming back... sounds gross, but you'll leak mucus forever. It'll regenerate. The mucus plug itself is pretty big. And tmi ... when I lost mine, there was also blood. It's normal to see mucus when you wipe or in a liner
    Same with mine. I thought it was a large blood clot and got nervous. 

• I had a similar scare. I actually thought I was leaking Amniotic fluid. I called to see the dr and she told me to come in the next day. She was able to check if the fluid was amnio. It wasn't. But the results came back from the LAB a week later showing I had some type of normal bacteria that's not treated nor harmful to the baby. The dr said that the vagina is like a ecosystem where all kinds of bacteria and things grow. Some women have more of a type of bacteria than others. After that scare, I've given up worrying over discharge during this pregnancy.
  • Glad you've been reassured. Don't feel like a crazy pregnant lady...we all have our moments. It's better to call and come here to all your "internet" friends, than to freak out alone. Take care of yourself chica!

image image
  • I think I may have lost a bit of mine several times this pregnancy. Weird, because I never did with my 2 kids, but like PPs said it can regenerate. I would worry if its bloody, but if not you are probably ok.

And, OP, I think I accidentally flagged you. I think I got or removed but not sure. Sorry :-(
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hopefully future FTMs who are freaking out find this discussion instead of the ones I found!  After googling pictures, I found a couple posts on some other boards where everyone was basically like "GET OFF THE INTERNET AND GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW!"  So I immediately got off the internet, freaked out, and called the OB.  If someone had mentioned the regeneration thing (or if I had searched a little longer to figure that out on my own), I think it would have totally saved me from an "omg I am going to have a preemie baby while my husband is gone!" freak out!

• Totally coming into this late, but I'm glad things are looking up @TallMomma29 !! It must have been a scary night. Good luck with your appointment and let us know how it went.

BTW, how weird that the MP regenerates! It definitely is a little creepy, lol.

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"