May 2014 Moms

Monday Bitchfest

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• My bitch today is that I'm just so over moving. I need to just find a position and stay in it for the next 5 weeks. Turning over in bed, getting off the sofa, getting out of a chair, sitting in a chair for a long period of time. All of these are no fun anymore, so I'm going on strike. You'll find me sitting in front of the fridge with my gym ball, eating everything in sight.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

• Uhg! My family is so stupid and dramatic.

I don't see my grandma a lot (she's the only grandparent I have left alive). And her daughter (my step-aunt technically) was really sick on the day of my baby shower so she couldn't drive my grandma or herself to attend (they live over an hour away). So they missed my shower, and seemed really upset to be missing it, especially because they planned to come and had to cancel last-minute.

So that they felt included in the celebration, my mom asked my sister-in-law to invite them to the shower for my husband's side (that SIL is hosting next week). The invites had already been sent, but my SIL sent 2 more to them after the  baby shower on my side.

Then, out-of-the-blue, my Grandma and Aunt said they were going to come down to see me last weekend to bring me the gift they had bought me because they missed the shower. I thought that was SO SWEET of them to make the extra trip, and I thanked them profusely while they were visiting and also sent them thank you cards the next day. While they were visiting I told them that my mom didn't want them to miss out on celebrating so they were going to be getting invites for the other shower, but obviously there is no need to attend or feel obligated, because they made this extra trip. We just didn't want to have them feel left out, so ignore the extra invites, it all worked out.

Apparently my Aunt just got the invite and called my SIL and left a nasty message about how rude and greedy it is to be invited to 2 showers. etc, etc. Why all the drama??

I just think this is so ridiculous and I'm starting to hate my extended family.
    1) my SIL has nothing to do with the 2 invites. She was doing my mom a favour by inviting them to the other shower
    2) It's not like a bunch of people were invited to both showers. They were sent invites after the fact for a specific reason which was explained to her.
    3) No one can stop mail once sent. They were mailed the invite before they made their extra trip. Sorry, I told you to ignore the invite after you visited. I can't make it not exist.

I just don't understand why a nasty phone message to some innocent party needed to be involved. I'm embarrassed my family is so crazy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Loading the player...
  • my ankles kankles can suck it.
  • We are expecting 12 inches of snow today with 50 mph wind gusts and I am already at work and will put in a full day... Why can't I live where they close the whole city for 1.2 snowflakes of accumulation???
  • My bitch is NBR. I was on the way to work and driving on a busy 4-lane road that cuts through a big office park. Some jack wagon was casually sauntering across the road (not in a crosswalk) looking at his phone and not paying attention to the fact that we was crossing a 4-lane road with people going at least 45 mph on it. I laid on my horn as I got closer and he looked up briefly and then looked right back down at his phone. I rolled down my window to yell at him that he needs to put down the phone so he doesn't get hit by a car, and he didn't even look up. I was about to pull over and take his phone away from him. Then again...Darwin, etc.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Accidentally deleted all of my emails from my inbox at work... Permanently...
  • Also, I worked my behind off on an MSJ and we prevailed.  Instead of my boss saying congratulations or thanks for the hard work, he points out that the cause number was wrong on the pleadings.  A clerical error.  No one even noticed (including the judge) and it affects nothing. 
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • awc1986 said:
    IBackBevo said:
    I am a nervous wreck waiting for my follow up ultrasound since my fluids were high and the head was measuring small in the last one.  And, of course, one thing that can cause both is Congenital Rubella (along with a lot of other infections in pregnancy like Toxoplasmosis, etc.) and my son had Rubella earlier in this pregnancy and I was exposed to it.  I seriously slept like shit last night.  If one more person tells me not to worry or acts like it is nbd, I am going to punch them in the face. I also want to punch all of the anti-vaxers in the face that I even have to worry about this at all.  My son was too young to be fully immune and just a few years ago Rubella was eradicated, but not anymore thanks to the anti-vaxing assholes.  The reason they even give the vaccine is because it is so dangerous for women in pregnancy to contract Rubella and causes such horrible birth defects (or death) in their unborn fetus.  I seriously should not even have to be worrying about this if people weren't such morons.

It's people's selfish attitudes and lack of research that causes stuff like this to happen. Rest assured they don't give 2 hoots about you and baby though. As long as their little precious isn't injected with those mean chemicals!

They just announced there are a couple of confirmed cases of measles in our area, and now I am not just worried, but super angry. There is also an outbreak in BC with over 200 cases, all centered around a school were the vaccination rate is about 0%. How can people not see the obvious?!
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Hugs, Bevo.  When is your follow up?
    Thanks. On Saturday. I could have gotten it earlier, but I wanted DH to come and he can't come until then.  So part of it is my own fault that I have to wait as long as I do, but I feel like he knows better than I do what questions to ask. 
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • MIL wants us to stay at her house until after the baby is born (indefinitely). H is not downright refusing. She keeps asking me when I want to start getting the nursery (one of her spare bedrooms) ready/washing clothes, etc... and I keep politely saying I'd like to wait until we move to do those things. On Saturday she started talking to me about it and H literally left the room. No backup, just me sitting there with MIL, who was telling me that I need to consider staying with them indefinitely. 

And, just like everyone else, I feel like shit and have been having painful contractions. Yay.
  • IBackBevo said:
    I am a nervous wreck waiting for my follow up ultrasound since my fluids were high and the head was measuring small in the last one.  And, of course, one thing that can cause both is Congenital Rubella (along with a lot of other infections in pregnancy like Toxoplasmosis, etc.) and my son had Rubella earlier in this pregnancy and I was exposed to it.  I seriously slept like shit last night.  If one more person tells me not to worry or acts like it is nbd, I am going to punch them in the face. I also want to punch all of the anti-vaxers in the face that I even have to worry about this at all.  My son was too young to be fully immune and just a few years ago Rubella was eradicated, but not anymore thanks to the anti-vaxing assholes.  The reason they even give the vaccine is because it is so dangerous for women in pregnancy to contract Rubella and causes such horrible birth defects (or death) in their unborn fetus.  I seriously should not even have to be worrying about this if people weren't such morons.

((HUGS)) so sorry you're dealing with this.  You're right, you should not have to be going through it and I'm right there with you wanting to punch the anti-vaxers in the face.  I have two on my FB news feed that will soon be unfriended. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• DH broke my snap pliers so I am at a stand still on diaper making until the new parts come in. Of course I just got like 3 yards of material and was super excited to get more made. I know he was just trying to help but seriously?

I woke up with the shits. Yay me. And I feel like I can't breathe. Of course today is the day DS needs to climb all over me to be content. Thank god it's almost nap time!

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• IBackBevo said:
    Will be thinking of you on saturday, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this!! 

I woke up with massive rib pain today and sucks. I cannot get comfortable laying down anymore and it hurts to take a deep breath/cough/sneeze/laugh. 

AND Dh used also the coffee creamer this morning so I'm stuck drinking black coffee. freaking nasty. 
  • We lost our teddy bear hampster, or I should say she escaped. Both BF and I had to go into work today, so Cheese is still roaming the house right now. It's stressing me out. I'm also having some contractions at work that i'm chalking up as BH, but they suck, and are making me uncomfortable.

Where the hell is my hampster?

BabyFetus Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker

• The nurse at my OB's office freaked me out about my blood pressure on Friday even mentioning a possibility of a trip to the ER. I kept an eye on it all weekend. It didn't really go down. This morning, it was the highest that it has been all weekend. So, I took the day off of work, called the OB. While I waited on my callback, I started preparing for a trip to the hospital. Of all days, DH has federal jury duty. I'm also trying to figure out what to do with DD and "oh, my goodness! What if they send me to the hospital and make me stay overnight or for a few days????"

I get my callback and am told they aren't worried about it, I don't have to monitor it as closely, and I can go back to work tomorrow.

Long story, short, I have worried all weekend and missed a day of work for apparently nothing!
  • RLP - hate you so much. Baby girl is transvers so it make the pain worse. I can literally do no movement without pain. And if one more person tells me how soon it will be over I might punch them! 5 weeks is soon to you but not to pregnant woman in pain. And it could be longer than 5 since I'm a FTM. Muurrrr
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married Rob May 23rd 2008
    * Munchkin due May 5th 2014 * Getting back on the waiting list for domestic infant adoption May 2015 * Apparently May is our month!

• DH was doing some work for our church last night. He had a friend with him so they stood out a little in their nice suits on a Sunday night. Well, some women approached them and started asking what church they went to and what they believed in. After a while, the women started hitting on DH, telling him he had a sexy beard and asking him inappropriate things like if he would ever cheat on his wife!! They also didn't believe him when he said absolutely not. Then one of them said "I hope your wife knows how sexy you are." And he said "Believe me, she knows. She's 8 months pregnant with my son." Then the other girl said "You don't know what you're missing out on."

Ok.....
    I know my DH is handsome. I know he's a big sweetheart too which makes him even more attractive. I'm not mad at him at all....

But I am freaking furious at those homewrecking hoars! They knew he was married! He told them and was wearing his ring! He told them he had a daughter and his wife was pregnant with his son! But they still hit on him and basically asked him to cheat on his wife!! Ugh! Girls like that give womanhood a bad rep.

DH has been sweet about it and has given me some extra attention, which is always nice. But I still feel a little stabby that those women being such homewreckers. BACK OFF!!

I would be pissed. Absolutely pissed.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• @fatbarbie0226 - See, it's stuff like this that gives the rest of us women a bad name. I'm sorry you had to deal with that crap, but it sounds like you have a great guy there. I wouldn't have been able to keep quiet if they were hitting on my hub. Pregnant or not, those bitches would have got SERVED. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

• We are still waiting for the title of our new (to-us) car. We sent the guy the check (out of state), we scheduled the shipping immediately after (although it can take a week to arrange it, but we were lucky that someone picked up the job as quickly as they did), only to hear the guy bitch that he'd be busy on the day he told us to schedule the shipping.

Well, it worked out and the driver picked up the car, drove it down here, and because we wanted to register it on Friday, we drove across town to pick it up instead of waiting for the truck driver to deliver it. When we got home, we checked the mailbox for a the package USPS said would be there that day, and nada. We check the mailbox the next day and sure enough.

However, the title was not in the box. We call the guy and apparently he had a lean on,the car still so he was waiting for his bank to send us the title.

So here we are, waiting for a title, still down to only one driveable car (other car can't really fit a car seat but DH won't let me drive it to work because I work in the ghetto and the wheels cost 2k+ each and the car itself is somewhat of a collector's car), and we are pissed. I wanted to drive my car instead o the van, I wanted DH to have some freedom finally. And had we known there was a lien against the car, we'd have sent the Money to the bank rather than to the seller.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• This is small compared to what others are dealing with. My son had a vomiting stomach bug over the weekend. My husband started vomiting last night. Son is feeling better but not eating much yet. I started the vomiting this morning. Husband has been in bed all day so pregnant mommy gets to be sick and take care of a toddler. I want to whine that life isn't fair.
  • ns1ns1 member
    @IBackBevo - that is terribly shitty!!  I am so sorry for you and will be thinking of you.  People are stupid!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ns1ns1 member
    My Monday bitch is also this stomach bug that's going around.  A few people at DD's daycare got it.  Friday DH had it, then we switched places in the bedroom on Sunday, when I got the stomach bug (because being 31 weeks pregnant isn't miserable enough).  Today I'm home from work, still lightheaded, but much better. I'm washing all the bedding and bleaching everything in sight!  DD still hasn't gotten it, but it only seems a matter of time. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
  • XathXath member
    Got a call from daycare today; DS1 has pink eye.  :/

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Got a memo today that I have Til Friday to box up everything in my office because I am being relocated. My destination? Tbd. Oh, and all of the mileage reimbursement I'm waiting for from February is potentially "lost".
    I spent much of the afternoon just trying to regulate my breathing from the anxiety. Good news is that my blood pressure is impressively in tact.
  • DH has a cold, he coughed ALL night. I couldn't get comfortable and kept waking up to his hacking. Today I've been crampy. I really was feeling phenomenal and now all I can think about is when labor will start and how unprepared I am! If I go the 4 more weeks... It's going to DRAG on.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh I have another bitch. Why is it than when you go out for lunch and politely say "does anybody want anything", there's always someone who has to give you an entire fucking shopping list?! I mean like a drink or a sandwich or something. Not the entire office's milk for the week, plus coffee, plus tea, plus decaf coffee. You're the office assistant. It's your job to pick these things up, not mine.
    I'm just gonna stop asking. Whenever I politely ask, she ends up sending me all over the grocery store picking up her stuff, as well as stuff for the office. I'm too pregnant to be your personal shopper.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

• Now that my shower is over, I feel kind of sad. After my last weekend guests left yesterday, all I felt like doing was practice swaddling a Care Bear and look at my whale shaped tub. I normally don't feel let down at all after big events.

Maybe tonight I will set up my swing & watch the Care Bear swing in it. ::sniffle::

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• @ yvanehtnioj  - that's funny that you said that!  My shower is this weekend and I have a feeling I will feel a little like you.  I mean, best friends are going to be in town, family is all excited, fun gifts and I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm sure it will be a little sad to see everyone leave.  Also, was just saying to hubby that I will be a little sad after the baby arrives when people stop by being so nice.  I mean, so far everyone (even my devil students) have been so nice while I've been pregnant!!  : )    

My issue today is with HR.  I'm on hold right now and have been for 30 minutes so far.  They close at 5 so I probably won't get to talk to anyone today. My school district makes going on leave so difficult!  Right now I am trying to fill out the FMLA and Short Term Disability paperwork.  I keep getting different answers each time I call.   
  • IBackBevo said:
    I'm really sorry you are dealing with this.
  • Had two doc appointments today- MFM and OB. Baby is fine. Healthy, growing on track, already over 4lbs, doing great. I, however, have mysteriously developed a high heart rate- which freaked out the MFM enough to have him call me back after I left for another two bp/ heartrate checks before releasing me to go to my OB for further monitoring. Where... My heart rate was high enough to earn me my own personal pulse ox machine in my exam room and half an hour of "resting" which I then spent throwing up. Go me. OB released me to rest at home but we are on L&D high alert today/tonight and I'm to go in for fluids if I throw up again and for a general check if I feel any worse.

Baby was happy kicking the whole time though, which should be a relief but was mostly just a little annoying because its hard to rest quietly with an octopus flailing around in your midsection.

I'm tired of my body crapping out on me while I'm trying to keep this egg cooking. She's doing great- I'm the one who caught bronchitis, can't sleep without peeing every 5min, and can't seem to keep my heart rate  under 100. (Chilling out at 125 this morning, ugh.) 

At least I get a high five from every doctor I see about still being pregnant.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • I have 2:

1. The lady who drew my blood at the doctor's office today did a shitty job and it hurt like a bitch.

2. Some weird woman approached me in Trader Joe's to ask me if we had a financial planner for the baby and offered her services. WTF?
  • Add me to the sick kid club. :( This has to be the worst part of being a mom, seeing your little one so miserable and you can't do much to help. DD has yet another high fever, up to 105 last night. She has white spots on her tonsils today at the doctor, but her rapid strep came back negative so they think it's viral. At least they found the cause this time, if she had another "unexplainable" high fever they were going to have to cath her again and do blood cultures. Ugh, we are both miserable. She has slept through the night twice in the last 6 weeks...

• I feel stupid and petty for this, but I feel like bitching about my mom.  I love my parents, and it was so cool they could come visit this weekend, but my mom has been getting gradually more and more on my nerves as I get more pregnant.  It's not even anything big.  It's just a lot of tiny things that have been like splinters or papercuts to me lately.  Two examples:

1) DH and I bought our first house.  It's a great house with a few odd things on our fix it/upgrade it list.  Eventually we want to paint at least two rooms, but it's fairly low on the priority list and we don't even know what color we want in one of them, just that the current color is ugly.  My mom acts like the host of a "we will fix this house in two days" show, just pushing on the topic and suggesting so many things and acting like we're actually working on this right now instead of still mostly daydreaming about colors and furniture upgrades.

2) My son bonked himself climbing on something and mom tried to get him to come to her for comfort.  I should be happy he likes both sets of grandparents, but seriously, your grandkid but my kid.  Let me and DH do our thing.  grumblemumble. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"