Cloth Diapering

Sbish overnight vs TTNN

Has anyone used both? Is one better than the other?

Re: Sbish overnight vs TTNN

• I've used other Sbish and TTNN. I'm in the NN camp. They are made with better material, fit great for us, and have plus velour for babies skin.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • CopperT0pCopperT0p member
    edited March 2014
    I decided to skip trying the s'bish because DS2 is such a heavy wetter I didn't want to regret spending money on them. Even though the TTNNs are more money I figure they are my best chance of not having a wet baby in the morning. Plus since the TTNNs are OS they will last him longer. He is growing really quick and I would be afraid he would grow out of a sized diaper quick. I might have been tempted if they were OS.

Edit - I don't own either. This was the debate I had before I purchased my TTNNs. They should be arriving this week.
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The sized issue is why I am leaning towards TT.
  • I love all my TT's. I'm the TT pusher.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kcs7kcs7 member
    We are using both right now. He is not a super heavy wetter (I dont think? Nothing to compare to) and he will go 8 hrs in nn just fine and we usually put him in a sbish for therest of the night/morning stretch of about 3-5 hrs. Usually the sbish gets pretty soaked. Could just be he wets a lot at that time of morning?
    But we like them. TTNNs are awesome though. Well worth the money and so glad we have them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • N_KozN_Koz member
    I only have a TTNN but if your kid is on the level of my super soaker you will love it. The TTNN works and a kissalove with two hemp inserts and two bamboo inserts is hit or miss. That is how crazy absorbent the TTNN is. I highly recommend it.

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • We have both. TTNNs are way more absorbent than Sbish, and the velour is high quality. They are actually overkill for DS as he is not a super heavy wetter, so I leave out the big front insert, which makes its absorbency the same as a regular TT fitted.

I only have 4 TTs and they usually need a bit of time on the radiator to fully dry out, after coming out of the dryer, so our Sbish are still in rotation as well. 

The Sbish were especially great when DS was smaller, since pins are the best way to fasten them. You get a great fit with pins.
  • What is a TTNN?
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Twinkie Tush Night Night

• S'bish.

I sold my NN. I can see they are good but I just don't need that much absorbency right now. They are massive big diapers and his pajamas didn't even fit him.

Maybe when he's older I'll get another one...but he's only 9 months and the S'bish with a cover is all he needs.

• mmm50mmm50 member
    I love TT, and have one NN, but we use Sbish OBFs overnight.  I can buy more than twice as many for the price of NNs (which makes up for the size issue in my book).  We have 5 mediums (I'm lazy with putting laundry away) and DS is just starting to outgrow the rise on them, so you might even be able to go right to large OBFs which are supposed to fit for a really long time.  

But if you have a super soaker, you might need to go right to NNs.  DS is a heavy wetter, but I wouldn't say he's a super soaker.  If you join "Fans of Twinkie Tush Cloth Diapers" on Facebook it's a very active B/S/T and you can get a used NN to try it out.  (I just bought a VGUC for $30 postage paid.)  
  • CopperT0pCopperT0p member
    edited March 2014
    S'bish. I sold my NN. I can see they are good but I just don't need that much absorbency right now. They are massive big diapers and his pajamas didn't even fit him. Maybe when he's older I'll get another one...but he's only 9 months and the S'bish with a cover is all he needs.
    I am a bit worried about how they will change DS2's night wear options.  He is 2.5 months and already in 12 month sleepers, and some 18 month. He has to wear 18 month sleepers with his current ON diaper because he needs the length in the torso.  It's starting to warm up so I might move him to two piece PJs if we need the extra room in the pants.  
    He's in medium woollybottoms, I'm wondering if I'll need to move him up to large with the TTNNs. 
    image image

• CopperT0p said:
    S'bish. I sold my NN. I can see they are good but I just don't need that much absorbency right now. They are massive big diapers and his pajamas didn't even fit him. Maybe when he's older I'll get another one...but he's only 9 months and the S'bish with a cover is all he needs.
    I am a bit worried about how they will change DS2's night wear options.  He is 2.5 months and already in 12 month sleepers, and some 18 month. He has to wear 18 month sleepers with his current ON diaper because he needs the length in the torso.  It's starting to warm up so I might move him to two piece PJs if we need the extra room in the pants.  
    He's in medium woollybottoms, I'm wondering if I'll need to move him up to large with the TTNNs. 
    Aren't the NNs only OS? Even though they have a fold down rise, I can't imagine they'll fit your 2 mo well right now. You might be able to get away with just a regular TT in the smaller size (Little Tush), or s'bish until he'd fit into a OS TT or TTNN.

• JEPES1348 said:
    CopperT0p said:
    Aren't the NNs only OS? Even though they have a fold down rise, I can't imagine they'll fit your 2 mo well right now. You might be able to get away with just a regular TT in the smaller size (Little Tush), or s'bish until he'd fit into a OS TT or TTNN.
    He is a pretty big boy for his age. He's ~16.5lb and 27" long. He has a chunky build and is fitting into his BG OS now on the second from smallest setting. I shall see how they fit when they get here. I hope they work.  
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"