March 2014 Moms

Ceecee312 has been MIA with baby Chase (birth story inside)

Chase Robert is here! Sorry for the delayed birth story & announcement, but I've been loving up on my baby :)

So here goes... We had an eviction date set for Tues, March 18 to begin cervical ripening with the induction to follow. Due to a baby boom at the hospital we were bumped to the morning of the 19th. We checked into the hospital at 7:30 am and started the cervical ripening meds two hrs later. After two rounds the first med had no affect so I was started on another med. I can't remember the names of the meds though. That one only dialated me another .5 cm and was causing the baby's heart rate to drop. We stopped all cervical ripening meds that night and found that it had kick started contractions on my own. My water broke at 2:00am on the 20th in a huge gush and pitosin was started to help me along. Unfortunately though, Chase's heart rate continued to be affected by the pitosin and it had to be turned down, off, and back up several times. It wouldn't have been so bad if not for the fact that I was confined to the bed laying on one side the whole time. And I had to have that damn blood pressure cuff on with it going off every 5 min. I hated that damn thing!
Chase's heart rate would drop with any change of position. I finally caved and got an epi but I had some large windows that were unaffected. The doctors were actually out in the hall deciding on if a c-section would be needed when it was found that I was finally fully dialated (and exhausted) at about 11:30pm on the 20th. They decided to try epi #2 since the 1st was so sucky. Turns out epi #2 was worse and only numbed my left side. 1.5 hrs into pushing, most of the epi had worn off and I was dealing with terrible psiatic pain with every push.
I pushed through the pain for three hrs and was finally rewarded, with the help of the vacuum, with my adorable little boy! He came out screaming and pooped on my chest twice while they cleaned him. Lol!

Chase Robert was born at 2:49am on March 21, 9 days overdue. He was 8 lbs 4 oz and 20.5 in long. A far cry from the 10 pounder they thought he was. I can't believe how much I love this little guy! My birth experience wasn't the greatest, but with a prize like him, I'd do it all over in a heartbeat. I love being his mom!

Re: Ceecee312 has been MIA with baby Chase (birth story inside)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"