Breastfeeding

milk storage bags

Hi! Does anyobe use the target brand milk storage bags? Do you like them?

If not, what do you use?

Im looking for a lower cost alternative to medela.

Thanks!
Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 

Re: milk storage bags

• Just used the target ones and didn't notice anything different (used medela first). Will def keep getting target!
  • I love the target brand!
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks!! Target here we come!!
  • I use them. Very occasional leaks, but so far better than the Lansinoh ones.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use the NUK bags and love them as well. No leaks and thick plastic. I'll have to try the Target brand when I run out.
  • I like nuk

• I usually use the Honey Suckle brand ones which I like. However, I got a breast pump through my insurance a couple of months ago, and it came with a large supply of bags (Ameda brand I think), and I can three refills on the bags. Just wanted to add that in case you might also be able to get them through your insurance.
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use lansinoh and target - have had maybe 3 leaks with lansinoh, none with target. That's over almost four months. I always defrost the milk bag in a jug or something just in case.
  • I love the Target brand bags as well.  It's nice to be able to freeze my milk flat.  Only thing I dislike is it's hard to right on the label with a pen so I use a fine point sharpie.  
  • I also use lansinoh but I consider them expensive... we don't have target in here, otherwise I would definitely try.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Target UP & UP > Lanisoh

• I've used Medea, lanisoh, and target. Target is by far my favorite. I write on mine with a sharpie across the main part of the bag, I don't bother with the area at the top with the lines- it's easier to read for me and daycare that way.
  • cnctfcnctf member
    edited April 2014
    I've only used medela (got them really cheap) but I've recently bought the target ones cause I've heard really good things. My best friend loves them.
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you all for the replies!!

I got the target bags and LOVE them!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"