April 2014 Moms

Name help also

Hi guys, we are also having trouble deciding between two names for our little girl, Abigail Christine or Emily Christine? Any thoughts?

Re: Name help also

• Love Abigail!
  • I'm a little torn on this. I don't much care for Abigail aesthetically but the over-popularity of Emily makes me avoid it like the plague. I'd probably go for Abigail in the end.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Emily. Both are great choices. I would just wait and see what y'all think when she is here! She may look more like an Emily or Abigal! You can't go wrong with either.
  • Ooo, I love them both! I don't think you can go wrong with either choice, but I slightly prefer Abigail.... I've always loved that name :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• I agree that Emily is extremely popular right now, but if you're okay with that, Emily Christine rolls nicely off the tongue, rather than Abigail Christine.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • I agree that Emily is extremely popular right now, but if you're okay with that, Emily Christine rolls nicely off the tongue, rather than Abigail Christine.
    This exactly!
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Emily better. Even though it continues to be a popular name, I don't think there will be a bunch of Emily's running around that you know.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Love them both - can I vote you decide once you meet her?
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • They're both nice. I agree with PP that you decide when you see her.

• Can't go wrong - I love both!
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • My name is Emily and honestly, it was so common and so annoying. I almost always had an Emily in my class growing up. So I'm actually partial to Abigail. Plus if you decide that her nn will be Abby then I think Abby Christine sounds cute!
  • Both are nice, pretty names. Wait and see if one "clicks" when you meet her. We have 2 names picked out and that is our plan!

• Thanks so much everyone :) the plan is to see her first and see if one name seems obvious, I'm just worried that it might not be so easy once we meet her. I know both named are fairly common but we don't know anyone else personally with either name. Lately I think we might be leaning towards Abigail a little, but I just can't seem to let the name Emily go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"