March 2014 Moms
Options

Sending photos to the technologically challenged

My grandmother and her husband live in FL (we're in MA).  They don't do computers, don't know how to view text/photo messages on their cell phone, etc. and there's no family around to help them out with any of it.  I wanted to send them some pictures of their newest great-grandchild, but with all the newborn stuff plus two big kids I hadn't gotten around to printing pictures and mailing them out yet.  

Then I figured I could just go online and send some pictures to the Wal Mart 1 hour photo that's near their house.  I sent a few pictures, plus I typed out a note and printed that as a 5x7, paid for everything online so all they had to do was show up and grab them.  It worked great, my grandmother called me all excited to have some pictures.  I think I'll send them new ones every couple of weeks - it was less than $3 to print 6 4x6's and the 5x7!

Just wanted to share in case anyone else had older relatives in a similar situation.
imageimage 

Re: Sending photos to the technologically challenged

• Options
    It's a great solution! You can send pictures to Target or CVS too. I have the CVS app on my iPhone and can upload pictures directly to the store -- it's the best way to get my mom prints :)
    DD born 1/16/11
    #2 It's a Boy! EDD 3/23/14
  • Options
    That's a great idea. I was going to suggest snapfish also online. They'll deliver pictures to your doorstep or theirs. But you have to pay shipping.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you use Instagram, there's an app called Postagram where you can turn Instagram pics into postcards and they get printed and sent out automatically. That's my plan for the soon to be great grand parents!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What a great idea!
    image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • Options
    We've been doing this for years! It's so easy! Love it :)
    photo 334932ce-4f16-4b35-8d49-b4c5beb158c9.jpg

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"