June 2013 Moms
Options

Travel sleeping arrangements

Next month KJ and I am visiting family and will be staying with my parents for a few days then with my in-laws for a few days. We do not co sleep and she moves around too much so I do not want her to sleep with me for a whole week. We do not have a pack and play but I was thinking of getting one to bring with us for her to sleep in.

Please recommend an affordable/cheap pack and play that travels well or share your other solution.
~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
imageimage
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Travel sleeping arrangements

• Options
    I got the basic Graco one on sale at BRU for around $50. Watch the flyers.

• Options
    I agree with PP about resale shops or mom-to-mom sales. I was at Once Upon a Child the other day and I saw a bunch of them for super reasonable prices. 
    If you live in the indianapolis area, I would sell you mine. We have used it all of 5 times since LO was born. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love my baby bjorn travel crib. I've had it since ds1 was a baby and both boys have slept great in it on vacations.

https://www.babybjorn.com/cradle-and-travel-crib/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No recommendations about a specific PnP.

Once you find one you like at a good price, I recommend asking your parents or in-laws, whoever you are staying with first, if they would go pick one up (find a store in their area and tell them which one you want) and that you'll pay them back for it.  Or you can go to the store on the day you arrive and get it.  Then you only have to travel one way carrying it with you.

• Options
    Also look into renting one. When I visited my parents, there was a company that rented everything. We rented a high chair and a stroller.

• Options
    KentuckyKateKentuckyKate member
    edited March 2014
    I'm out of town staying with family right now. I planned on ordering the cheapest Pack and Play off Amazon for $39 and shipping it here first, then leaving it here with my grandparents, but I forgot and ran out of time. So instead, the first day we got here I had them take me to Walmart to get the cheapest PnP they had, which was $50. I was going to leave it here, but decided to take it home tomorrow after all, since my brother and SIL are expecting #2 and they don't have a PnP. It's going to cost $25 to check it, so all in all, it is a $75 expense for me, and now I own 2 PnP's. I should have just brought the one I had for $50. Live and learn I guess. :|

I probably could have done without it at night, since LO sleeps in my bed after she wakes up to nurse anyway, but I don't ever leave her unattended on a bed so I needed something for naps. It's freaking incredible the amount of crap I came here with for a long weekend.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Again, mine isn't cheap, but it's super light and compact. Sooo easy to set up/take down. We have the Guava Family Lotus Crib an I really can't say enough good things about it. It has taken 5 plane rides and countless overnights. DD is currently using it for the next month while we are in Arizona
    div style="text-align: center;">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"