March 2014 Moms
Options

BIRTH CONTROL - no more babies (at least for now!)

I assume I'm not the only one going back on birth control.

I was Rxed "Errin" which I think is the equivalent of the mini pill. I told the Dr. I'd be BFing...but am nervous about the pill getting in my milk. Anyone have any thoughts/xp with this? What BC methods are you using? :-/
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: BIRTH CONTROL - no more babies (at least for now!)

• Options
    Thanks @MadApple‌ I was concerned about the pill messing with my supply, "necessary hormones", etc.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since I am BF I plan on using the mini pill again. It worked fine after my first baby and had no complaints aside from a lower sex drive.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah @dotgirl2‌ the vasectomy will be an option one day for us. A good "once and for all" way to handle things but in just a FTM and we will want more kids.

Like others we are not too religious about using condoms and I really don't want an "oopsie" too soon pregnancy, but I struggle with using a BC pill even the mini pill bc I worry about it killing my sex drive and passing hormones through BFing. I will give it a try though and see how it makes me feel, since other PPs say it's ok for BFing. Hopefully doesn't kill my sexy time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was thinking of going with the mirena. Going to talk about it either with my family doctor on Tuesday or wait till my 6weeks appointment with my OB, since the nurses said that's one thing we'll be talking about anyway.. Only thing that worries me is there any bad side effects? Heard nothing but good things about it...
    DS - March 9th 2014 TTC #2 - May 2015 BFP - October 2015 EDD - July 7th 2016
  • Options
    Has anyone had any experience with the copper IUD? Now that I've been off hormonal birth control for over two years I really don't want to go back. I enjoy finally having a sex drive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was prescribed the mini pill before I was even discharged from the hospital. The army really doesn't want to pay for me to have another baby!
    image image
  • Options
    I did the mini pill last time and I'll probably do it again. The thought of IUD 's freak me out

• Options
    I need to figure this out. I don't want to go on any pill again- they totally mess with me.
  • Options
    We're planning on number two sooner than later (since the pregnancy, birth, healing, and newborn stages were relatively easy).
    Condoms are fine for us.
  • Options
    I had an IUD prior to TTC with this one but idk if I'll go back to that. The thought of using condoms every time doesn't sound fun but I don't want to be on any hormonal BC either. We just have to figure out which is the lesser of two evils I suppose.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We'll be using condoms, which is what we did before TTC. hormonal BC makes me feel different and kills my already low sex drive, so I am not really interested in that. DH will get a vasectomy when we're really really sure we're one and done. He'd get it now if I let him. :P

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Options
    The only upside to not having any tubes, I don't have to worry about BC!
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options
    After ds2 I used mirena iud and loved it! I didn't get a period the whole time I was on it! I may have accidentally left it in longer than suggested and when had it removed I got a BFP with ds3 even though we weren't trying. This time I am getting a tubal!
  • Options
    SassyFlatsSassyFlats member
    edited March 2014

Is anyone planning on using FAM? With DD1 we didn't worry about birth control at all because we knew we wanted to have another right away. Once I got my period back at 10 months PP I started charting and actively trying.

This time we want to avoid for at least 2 years but I haaaate hormonal BC and I think we'll probably just chart and avoid FW. But I'm wondering when I would need to start charting. Without a CD1 do I just temp everyday and assume my temps will be steady for a few months until I actually O?

@Nickiechan Do you know? I thought I remembered you saying you were gonna do this.

@bunnyfungo I used FAM to TTA for over a year. As I recall, the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" has a chapter on how to chart while breastfeeding.

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Options
    I took the mini pill after I had DS. The mini pill is safe during BFing because there's no estrogen in it. I liked it. And best of all, I didn't get pregnant while I was on it!
    I'm going to go on it again. Then probably back on Yaz after I'm done BFing. Then eventually my H is getting snipped! No more babies for us. My uterus has retired.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I'm getting sterilized on Friday. I'm quite content with two boys.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    MadApple said:

Has anyone had any experience with the copper IUD? Now that I've been off hormonal birth control for over two years I really don't want to go back. I enjoy finally having a sex drive.

The downside to that method is heavier periods. This is why I'm going to go on mirena instead.

This is what I've heard too.

I had the copper IUD for 14 years, which means I had my first one for 10 years and my 2nd one for 4. I never had any issues with it and will get it again. I will say my first one or two periods with it were heavier, but after that they were totally normal. My SIL uses the copper IUD as well and loves it. I don't do well on hormonal birth control, so this was the better option for me. I would say it's worth a try. They can always take it out.
  • Options
    Is anyone planning on using FAM? With DD1 we didn't worry about birth control at all because we knew we wanted to have another right away. Once I got my period back at 10 months PP I started charting and actively trying. This time we want to avoid for at least 2 years but I haaaate hormonal BC and I think we'll probably just chart and avoid FW. But I'm wondering when I would need to start charting. Without a CD1 do I just temp everyday and assume my temps will be steady for a few months until I actually O? @Nickiechan Do you know? I thought I remembered you saying you were gonna do this.
    @bunnyfungo I used FAM to TTA for over a year. As I recall, the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" has a chapter on how to chart while breastfeeding.

yes we natural family planned (NFP) before DD, but she was a wonderful surprise. We were irresponsible that one month. My center is affiliated with a catholic hospital and they had NFP workshop that we went too. Also Taking Charge of Your Fertility is wonderful! I also had my period 6 weeks PP even with EBFing which sucks but nice at same time.
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Options
    I'm on depo now and haven't had any supply issues. I wanted an iud but my OB suggested I wait 3 months to avoid an increased chance of slippage. I had the paraguard for 6 years.
  • Options
    Condoms.  Don't like them but I don't want to be on the pill while breastfeeding.  And we are wanting #2 sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    We are finished having children. I don't do pregnancy well and we both feel that our family unit is complete, so DH is getting the big V...
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Options
    I do not want another baby anytime soon, if at all. I have been on every form of birth control and they all mess with me in very serious ways that are not ok with me. From weight gain to depression to constant bleeding (almost to the point of hemorrhage with IUD), I just can't find a BC that doesn't give me severe side effects. So we are going to try NFP, I'm really good at charting, and on the days when I'm fertile, we just won't have sex at all, and on the days that I'm not, we will use a condom just to make double sure. Hope it works!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    I had the mirena but I hated it! I was super hormonal with it. It completely killed my sex drive , I got very depressed with it. After awhile of dealing with the issues I went to go get it taken out and after 2 painful attempts and an ultrasound to find it, it was attached to my uterin wall. I had to get surgery to get it removed. If you decide to get it just make sure you do your research on it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"