September 2013 Moms

Recommend your convertible car seat for small cars

We are approaching the move from the bucket to a convertible and are struggling to find one that fits in my car. I have a ford focus and have already returned one seat. Anyone out there with a ford focus or similar size car?

Re: Recommend your convertible car seat for small cars

• eyriseyris member
    I have a Prius C so I'm watching this thread.

I know Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby will let you try the seat in your car before you buy, that is what we are planning to do.
    My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• I have a tiny little 97 Mazda protege & we got the peg perego primo viaggio.

It seems to fit nicely for us. I guess this would depend on your seat preference though, whether you have long legs or like to recline a lot. I'm about 5'6 and have had no problems!
  • Loading the player...
  • eyriseyris member
    I've seen this one recommended a lot: Combi Cocorro Lightweight Convertible Car Seat, Chestnut by Combi https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001RAAKZM/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_ILKntb1N157WZ

• eyriseyris member

@eyris‌ is that one good for smaller cars?

I'll be watching this thread too. I have an '05 Mazda 3.

I haven't used it personally, but it seems to always come up in my research so I plan on checking it out.

• I have a 2009 ford focus and I am 5'11. I can fit a chicco nextfit behind me driving. Albeit, not the most comfortable thing, but if I was passenger, totally doable.

The combi coccorro is a great compact seat, with a small front to back footprint, but it is outgrown forward facing the same time it is outgrown rear facing. Something to consider. And it has relatively low height/ weight guidelines.

I have heard a radian with an angle adjuster works well. But like I said, the nextfit works for us.

The Mob Boss 
    Birth: 10lbs 11oz, 21.5 inches <> 1 mo: 14lbs 7oz, 23.5 inches
    2mo: 18lbs 15oz, 25.5 inches <> 4mo: 26lbs 8oz, 27.5 inches6mo: 29lbs 8oz, 30 inches <> 9mo: 32lbs, 32 inches12 mo: 37lbs, 34.5 inches <> 15 mo: 38lbs 6 oz, 36 inches. 20.5 inch noggin18 mo: 43lbs, 37.75 inches 21 inch head2yr: 47 lbs, 42 inches. 21.5 inch head. Woah.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Try the Safety First Guide 65 (also the same car seat as Eddie Bauer at Target).  We have one in my MIL's Camry and it seems to take up less room than the bucket car seat.  It is recommended by Car Seat for the Littles as one of the best convertible seats for small cars and is a very reasonably priced seat.

• Diono Radian is supposed to fit 3 across in most vehicles and is recommended for small cars. They are also supposed to be very well made.
  • DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Can't edit but wanted to add: we have a retired version of the Britax Roundabout in DH's 2 door Civic and it worked well RF in the center and now FF behind the driver. If we didn't need so many car seats (5 convertibles for the two kids due to my car, DH's car and one for SIL's car) I would definitely buy Diono Radians.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • thank you very much, I will look into all your suggestions!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"