Stay at Home Moms
Options

Bedtime troubles

Lately we've been having trouble at bedtime. It takes our little guy awhile to go to sleep, sometimes an hour. He also wakes up during the night screaming and crying. Any ideas why? This only happens at night and not during nap time. We've decided to start an earlier bedtime in hopes to solve some of the issues but really don't know what else to do

Re: Bedtime troubles

• Options
    How old is he?
  • Options
    17 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you have a really solid bedtime routine? It needs to be the same every night and start at approximately the same time nightly.
  • Options
    Oooooh DS went through a phase like that around that time. We had just gotten into a good sleeping through the night routine at about 12 months, then about 16 or 17 months he started randomly waking up screaming bloody murder in the middle of the night. Not sure if it was teething or what, but it passed thankfully. I I think I would usually just go in and comfort him for a few minutes until he fell back to sleep.but I don't really remember how long it lasted, maybe a month or so? Hopefully it is a quick phase for you guys!
  • Options
    My friend is going through this and thinks his molars are coming in
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Yes, we have a bedtime routine that we do every night . It never changes.
  • Options
    I agree w/ PPs that teething is a likely culprit. He could also be going through a little separation anxiety at night. How long has this been going on? If it's only been a few days I'd say keep up your routine and just wait for the phase to pass. How is he napping during the day?
  • Options
    aliebno said:
    Oooooh DS went through a phase like that around that time. We had just gotten into a good sleeping through the night routine at about 12 months, then about 16 or 17 months he started randomly waking up screaming bloody murder in the middle of the night. Not sure if it was teething or what, but it passed thankfully. I I think I would usually just go in and comfort him for a few minutes until he fell back to sleep.but I don't really remember how long it lasted, maybe a month or so? Hopefully it is a quick phase for you guys!
    this. we tried comforting, bringing him into our bed, letting him cry (but it really turned into screaming quickly so this didn't happen much.)  the wake ups started about 5 am, then got earlier & more frequent. lasted about a month for us too. it's so tough but it really is more than likely just a sleep regression or developmental thing (i don't think it was teething for us, all his teeth had been in for a while.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"