August 2014 Moms
Options

Sharing the name

We have a name and can't keep it a secret. Big mouths! Anyone else?

Re: Sharing the name

• Options
    Cat&SCat&S member
    Yes, we've decided on a name (Zoe) and we've told people. I was pretty set on not deciding until baby got here this summer, but as soon as we found out it was a girl, Zoe was the name that we both just knew was "the one". And DH has 0% ability to keep a secret, so others found out quickly.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Options
    We share names but always more then one for each sex therefor its not so decisive.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been calling our baby henry to everyone forever now. We will now find out the seed until April 8th! I'm 20 weeks but decided to find out on my birthday!
  • Options
    I've only shared with you ladies (see siggy)

I haven't told any family or friends though. We want it to be more of a surprise for them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    photo 1535695_10204084387365984_9025186931759532004_n_zps94c2fa04.jpg

• Options
    We've already told people: Julia Maren. Were bad secret keepers
  • Options
    We don't care about the name judgments either! I guess a friend just had a baby and I'm so excited to hear the name that I feel guilty I told everyone our name already :)
  • Options
    We will never be able to decide on a name, so I guess we won't have this issue. I had a dream she was 3 weeks old and still no name. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    Everyone except for MIL knows our baby's name. The only reason why she doesn't know is because she doesn't want to know the sex.
  • Options
    I've never heard of anyone keeping a name a secret before
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
  • Options

Really??? That's so interesting. I don't know anyone that ever shared it ha. I guess that's why I feel weird about it.
  • Options
    We can't keep a secret either. By the way, it's William Steven. With a v, not a ph... DH wants that to be perfectly clear to everyone. It's hilarious to watch him get worked up over a letter.
    yes, my baby is a zombie.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We told when we found out the sex. Isabella Kaylene :)
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We have two names picked out but they're not definite. We will not be sharing with most people. I might tell a couple of my closest friends but that's it. My family sucks. They can wait :)
  • Options
    We kept DD's name a secret bc we got some flack about finding out the sex from our family. We did tell them our top couple choices though. This time we have told people who have asked our top choices but we haven't made a decision yet so but will probably tell when we do.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We shared names right away last time and this time we were sharing before we even knew what the sex was! We are terrible secret keepers. 
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've shared our ideas for each sex (two for each) and that's it. I don't think I can finalize anything until I see and hold my baby
  • Options

We did. We had several options and didn't tell anyone any of them. We're team green again and doing it the same way.

After DD was born my dad asked what the name would have been if I'd had a boy. We told him it was irrelevant and didn't share our boy name.
    We probably won't be reusing that choice either but I don't know if we'll ever share.

We don't want people criticizing our name choices or wondering about the child that might have been if it was a different sex.

Even if we found out we wouldn't tell our name ideas.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    We've told everyone! We are naming our son after my husband's late grandfather. So far nobody has said anything negative (to our faces at least).

• Options
    We shared our name when we found out it was a boy.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    The last three we've shared with everyone as soon and we had the name. This time we're keeping it a secret and it's crazy hard!
    Waiting on #4 to arrive :)

• Options
    We're naming the baby after family members, so my husband wants to surprise them when the baby actually arrives.
    Same here. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We've only told parents and siblings (who all love our choices phew!) to avoid any "I don't like that" or "what about..."

image    image
  • Options
    We are sharing our potential names, bit not our final decision. Mostly because I want to be able to change our minds after she is born is our first choice doesn't fit. We've decided on Amelia Grace, but our second choice is Sophia Jane.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    We've been sharing with pretty much everyone who'll asked, but haven't announced it or anything. We also say that we're 90% sure, because we are still practicing using the name and seeing how it feels. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker image

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We haven't picked a name yet but we won't be sharing. We told our families we were going to share the sex but not name.

As soon as we announced the pregnancy, everyone started throwing name ideas and suggestions at us. My family is super opinionated and always has something to say. Even though we told them this they still try to get names out of us. I really don't care, but it's super annoying! We want to be able to name our son what we like without input from everyone else. I figure once he is here, they will love him regardless of his name :)

Right now, all we know is that his middle name will either be after my grandfather who passed away in December, or my SO's Dad who passed away 10 years ago. It's a tough choice, so we decided to pick a first name and then see which middle name sounds better with it.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
  • Options
    We haven't decided on a name and when/if we do we will keep it to ourselves. DS is the V and we heard a lot of snide remarks about his NN. It was the name his great grand father went by and fits him perfectly fwiw. We are team green and plan to have a few names picked out and will decide when we meet him/her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've barely even talked about the name yet. My daughter didn't have a definite name until right after she was born. Even if we do decide before that this time, I doubt we will share it. I'm not real into calling the baby by its name before it's born. But to each their own :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Options
    nycAug2014nycAug2014 member
    edited March 2014
    After reading all these comments, I guess I feel better about sharing the name.   Since we don't care at all about peoples reactions and I feel weird saying its a secret, I guess there is really no reason I cant share it.  Just don't tell my husband about the Jewish tradition of not sharing until after the baby is born.  He is being a bit superstitious and I think he will run with that and tell me we cant share any more. 

sp edit
  • Options
    We didn't share DS's name and won't with this one either. I'm not afraid of name judgments, I just think it's fun to have a little secret!

But I have nothing against others that share their names.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"