High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

*** Weekend Bedrest Check-in ***

There's only one post for the weekend but feel free to leave a response for both days if you'd like.

How did you sleep?

Any new pregnancy symptoms, cravings, or aversions?

Upcoming appointments, milestones, or updates? (Ticker change?)

QOTWknd: Any "plans" for the weekend? (Visitors, movie night, craft projects etc?)

Open Topic: What's on your mind today?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: *** Weekend Bedrest Check-in ***

• Options
    Hi All
    I've been sleeping ok, nothing as bad as Monday night last week. I still seem to have one period each night when I wake up contracting/needing to pee and then have trouble falling back asleep.

My heartburn has been really raging lately. Still just doing Tums, but might need some prilosec or something else soon. I'm craving sweets like CRAZY (specifically frosting)!

I'm 36 weeks Monday and do my last 17P shot. Very happy to be done with those!

Tonight we're taking chili to our church chili cook off and tomorrow I'll go to church in the morning. So enjoying feeling a little more free to do things these days. It's keeping me sane as I'm having trouble being patient as 37 weeks quickly approaches.

I want baby to stay put as long as he needs to, but I'm so miserable with all the contractions. At 37 weeks I'll start taking walks and gently nudging things towards delivery.

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    Slept great last night! It felt so good.

I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow! Next appt not til Thursday.

This weekend was actually the weekend we had a little "baby moon" planned. We obviously had to cancel all of our reservations/plans when I got put on BR. I'm a little bummed, but I've also got way more important things on my mind now. Like keeping my BP down and growing a healthy baby! Perspective, yo. Also, my husband is grilling us an amazing steak dinner tonight so that's a plus :-).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @haziedaze‌ - you should try ranitidine. It works wonders with my heartburn and it's really cheap!
  • Options
    L&D visit....
    I had tons on contractions starting Wed but I figured it was because I was due for my 17p injection on Thurs morning. Thurs morning came, I got the injection, and a couple of hours later I started contracting again. I was going to head into l&d that night but a dr that I really really really dislike was on call that night so I decided to wait until morning and call my regular OB. Well Fri morning I call into the office and he's out for the day doing surgeries. Meanwhile the contractions were getting more intense and I couldn't decided if the situation really merited a trip to the hospital... finally around 8ish pm I called dh to come home from work and we went in last night. Well the dr on call said he wasn't coming in unless it was an emergency so they kept me for observation. They ran some lab work and told me my potassium was very low but even after two potassium drips there was no change in our situation. I contacted alllll night!! @haziedaze‌ I don't know how you do it!! The Dr finally showed up around 9 this am. After I spent the night on the hardest stupid bed in the world!! With two ridiculously swollen legs that felt like lead pipes!! And an SPD flair that could had me in tears... the doc checked my cervix said it was softening but there were no changes and my cerclage is still intact. So they sent me home... I'm glad I wasn't actually in labor because I really want her to be full term and we're only 35w3d today, close but we still need some time. My cerclage is scheduled to come out on April 7th hopefully I make it... FX...
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sam0905 said:

@haziedaze‌ - you should try ranitidine. It works wonders with my heartburn and it's really cheap!

Yes ma'am!! It's amazing. Dr prescribed ranitidine 150mg twice a day... it's s miracle drug lol
  • Options
    tracint said:
    L&D visit.... I had tons on contractions starting Wed but I figured it was because I was due for my 17p injection on Thurs morning. Thurs morning came, I got the injection, and a couple of hours later I started contracting again. I was going to head into l&d that night but a dr that I really really really dislike was on call that night so I decided to wait until morning and call my regular OB. Well Fri morning I call into the office and he's out for the day doing surgeries. Meanwhile the contractions were getting more intense and I couldn't decided if the situation really merited a trip to the hospital... finally around 8ish pm I called dh to come home from work and we went in last night. Well the dr on call said he wasn't coming in unless it was an emergency so they kept me for observation. They ran some lab work and told me my potassium was very low but even after two potassium drips there was no change in our situation. I contacted alllll night!! @haziedaze‌ I don't know how you do it!! The Dr finally showed up around 9 this am. After I spent the night on the hardest stupid bed in the world!! With two ridiculously swollen legs that felt like lead pipes!! And an SPD flair that could had me in tears... the doc checked my cervix said it was softening but there were no changes and my cerclage is still intact. So they sent me home... I'm glad I wasn't actually in labor because I really want her to be full term and we're only 35w3d today, close but we still need some time. My cerclage is scheduled to come out on April 7th hopefully I make it... FX...
    Ugh! So sorry you dealt with this. I hate going in only to be told it's nothing- you definitely were right to but it's so frustrating! I swear I'm not going again until I'm actively bleeding, sure I broke my water, or screaming through contractions. DH's a little worried because we have a 30-40min drive depending on traffic but I want to be REALLY sure next time. I have a feeling my cervix isn't going to even start to budge until the 17P wears off. Today I lost more of my MP so that's somewhat promising that maybe I won't be pregnant forever- it's funny as term approaches how my priorities have changed :-) so thankful to be getting close though!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    XathXath member
    Hello all. Joining you for my first weekend on bed rest; I started Thursday.

How did you sleep?

I slept alright, but my shoulders and arms are really cramps and sore from lying on my side all the time. Woke up a few times, but not more than usual.

Any new pregnancy symptoms, cravings, or aversions?

I think I might be experiencing heartburn? My chest feels like a fiery magma bowling ball, and I feel nauseated. Otherwise, I already notice a huge difference in the number of contractions I have per day now that I'm resting, and that gives me comfort when I feel extra useless.

Upcoming appointments, milestones, or updates? (Ticker change?)

I'll hit 34 weeks this coming Thursday. I now have weekly appointments with my OB and my MFM so I'll go in Wednesday and Friday.

QOTWknd: Any "plans" for the weekend? (Visitors, movie night, craft projects etc?)

A friend stopped by yesterday with fresh chocolate croissants, which was a lovely surprise. My H moved my desktop onto my night stand, so I've been doing some digital rendering which has kept me thoroughly engrossed for the past few days. Otherwise, I'm binging on Netflix and doing lots of crossword puzzles for now.

Open Topic: What's on your mind today?

Feeling kind of overall crappy and useless. My 2.5 year old doesn't really understand why I'm not doing much, and has gotten very upset when I can't pick him up or go play. We're doing our best to stay positive with him, and are not associating any of what's going on right now with the baby, so he doesn't develop resentment from that. Any ideas for fun things I can do with him while still resting?
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"