Parenting after 35
Options

Workin on my fitness

Ok so we discussed sexy time but is anyone else like me and so unbelievably exhausted, so much so that the thought of exercise makes you want to nap?  Then I look down at my waist and hips and want to cry.  I always was active but right at the end of my pregnancy with DS I started getting really bad foot pain.  Chalked it up to pregnancy hormones and the muscles in my foot relaxing.  It got progressively worse after he was born.  It got so bad I couldn't even walk on my right foot, I thought it was broken.  Went to the podiatrist and got xrays and he wanted to see me walk and his face cringed when he said "it hurts me to watch you walk."  My foot had relaxed so much that my arches had fallen and I was basically rolling onto my ankle and gave myself a super duper case of tendonitis.  I got fitted for orthotics (I feel like an old lady) and it seemed to get better until the other side of the same foot began to hurt due to the over-correction and the tendon on that side of my foot was now inflamed.  It is finally starting to feel better but trying to get back into an exercise routine and being back at work just is difficult.  Anybody else having a hard time getting back into the swing of things?   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Workin on my fitness

• Options
    I can't even think about it yet. My whole body hurts. I feel like I have arthritis in my entire body. I don't know if it's hormones or pumping or what. Since we just moved to a new state I don't have a dr here yet so I haven't been able to ask anyone why this is happening. I'm just so stiff and sore. When I get out of bed in the morning it actually hurts when my feet touch the floor. Crazy.

I figure my body is never going to be the same so I'm not going to get depressed about it. I am not in a hurry. I have plenty of time to try to get back into shape, and certainly chasing after her when she's a toddler will help. Right now I'm just focused on eating healthy and taking care of my baby. :)
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Yep.  Beween working full time, a 2.5 year old, a 5 month old, and a travelling DH with a shitty work schedule I have no time to work out.  I look at myself and want to cry.  I decided I am going to suck it up and start working out starting Apri 1stl.  I know it will take time, work, and dedication to lose this weight but I am determined.  Just hoping I am still determined come next week.  I have to do something I can't take looking 5 months pregnant anymore.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Geeps2 that sounds awful!  I hope your foot gets to feeling better quickly!

I started going back to the gym 3 weeks ago.  My goal is to go 3-4 times a week, but I'm not going to be overly strict about it.  I wasn't small before I got pregnant and am back in my pre-pregnancy clothes, but things are in weird places.  I really just want to be healthy and set a positive example for my DD.
  • Options

Whipple- that made me laugh when you said things are in weird places.  I hear ya sister!  I am no twig either.  Now I just look like an outfit full of jelly LOL.  Once the weather finally breaks around here and we get back into some nice weather I can go back to walking or running on the boardwalk.  I am lucky in that I live a mile and a half from the beach.  But then the problem is my DD who is 2 LOVES the beach and she will have none of staying in the stroller for any length of time.  She will want to play on the numerous playgrounds spotted along the stretch of boardwalk or go down to the water to play. 

The one good thing about getting back to work is I am so busy during the day I don't have a lot of time to eat so I have to make my meals count.  Good times!!!!

• Options
    Guennie- I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad.  I wonder if it is just your hormones?  I know they say with breastfeeding/pumping you still release some of the chemicals that relax the muscles. I hope you find some relief soon.

• Options
    Thanks Geeps. I feel like I'm 80. Didn't feel any of this during my pregnancy so I figure it must be related to pumping.

Oh and about things in weird places...*raises hand. I still have a little shelf above my scar from the c-section. I wonder if it will ever go away? It looks funky.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    I'm with you ladies. I was running so good last year (even SLOWLY ran in a half marathon) then winter came and my motivation deserted me. I haven't run in weeks and I'm not in the best of shape as it is. I'm going to have to start couch to 5k all over again but I just can't get motivated. I hate all the aches and pains that comes with getting older! JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options
    JM I'm jealous I would love to run a half marathon but I am slow as molasses is January so that makes me not want to do it because most of them have a time limit.  I wouldn't want to have run all that distance and then not be able to finish. I'd be pissed.  Maybe one day

• Options
    Geeps2 said:
    JM I'm jealous I would love to run a half marathon but I am slow as molasses is January so that makes me not want to do it because most of them have a time limit.  I wouldn't want to have run all that distance and then not be able to finish. I'd be pissed.  Maybe one day
    I was seriously slow. I finished in 3 hours and 30 minutes so what is that like 16 minute miles?  I don't start off that slow but I end that slow.  I followed the Jeff Galloway training plan it's a run/walk combo (much easier to wrap your head around when you are going that far).  I found a walker friendly course and did the Rock N Roll in Vegas it's at night on the strip.  

It's a crazy culture running but everyone has been so nice an welcoming to this plus sized girl! I think because your biggest competition is your own mind.  KWIM?

JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options

I am going to have to look into that!  Thanks.  Yeah I am no skinny minny either.  I just always wanted to run a half marathon but have psyched myself out.  I may have to reconsider starting up again.  My problem is my sister would probably do it with me (she just had a baby a month after me) and is looking to get back in shape but she is tall and thin to begin with.  She runs faster than me so it gets hard to run with someone who isn't well paced with you.  I used to run in local races mostly 5ks and each year the annual turkey trot which is 5 miles.  I always did it for myself and really didn't care about times, I just wanted to finish.  With the half marathon, the one I was looking into it was a half in the morning then at a certain time the full marathon kicked off and after a certain point the course was to be closed for the half marathoners so my fear was I would be running my big behind off and then not be able to finish.  Not due to exhaustion but due to the course being closed out.

Way to go completing it!!!! It is quite an accomplishment :) 

• Options
    GuennieGuennie member
    edited March 2014
    It's making me tired just reading about you guys running. ;P

(Edited because pumping and typing is hard!)
  • Options
    I'm not a small girl either, but I have discovered AdvoCare and plan on using their products after I deliver DD. Their products are doctor formulated and my husband saw results so I figured it is worth a shot, so we signed up as distributors to get the discount. I know that a runner friend of mine uses a product called O2 Gold and he says thst his muscles aren't nearly as sore after working out as they usually are. I have a website if anyone is interested in checking them out! Just let me know! Good luck mommies!
  • Options
    CMP I have heard of the AdvoCare plan.  A friend of ours did it to slim down for her upcoming wedding and is now selling it as well.  It is working well for her. Good luck.  Losing weight is no fun!  LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"