Cloth Diapering

lanolin as a barrier cream.

Anyone else like lanolin as a barrier cream? I've use the lansinoh brand but was wondering what other brands were good for a cheaper price.

Thanks!

(And yes I'm still buying waxelene too MK!)

Re: lanolin as a barrier cream.

• I'm with SAK, wouldn't that cause repelling eventually?
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• I would think it would wash out because it has a low-ish melting point.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've read that is washes out because of the low melting point. It works as a waterproof barrier, but that's why you have to relanolize everytime you wash. ;) because the lanolin goes away! 
  • plus, i've been using it without issue. it's great just in his crack if it gets read, and not slathered all over. I may be more hesitant if i used pockets. But I don't. :P
  • I've used it, and usually use a fleece liner just to be safe. I've only ever used Lanisoh, so no suggestions for other brands.

• It's probably fine. The main ingredient in Grandma El's is lanolin and CJ's contains lanolin as well.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm not sure b/c I know CJ's has lanolin in it but I used lanolin on my nips and it got on some of my cloth breast pads and that shiz did not wash out. ever.
  • abby8279 said:
    I'm not sure b/c I know CJ's has lanolin in it but I used lanolin on my nips and it got on some of my cloth breast pads and that shiz did not wash out. ever.
    This.

• abby8279 said:

I'm not sure b/c I know CJ's has lanolin in it but I used lanolin on my nips and it got on some of my cloth breast pads and that shiz did not wash out. ever.

This.

Stooooooooneeeeeeeeeey!!!!!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979 said:
    abby8279 said:
    This.
    Stooooooooneeeeeeeeeey!!!!!
    Is this you disagreeing with me or are you excited to see me? LOL
  • Maybe no one notices me anymore bc I talk too much.

Or all of your advice is sound and cd related
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MandmeeshMandmeesh member
    edited March 2014

Mandmeesh said:

Maybe no one notices me anymore bc I talk too much.

Or all of your advice is sound and cd related
    Is this sarcasm?
    Not at all. You always respond with good advice. Apparently everyone else needs love penises and banana sandwiches to have a chat
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • abby8279 said:
    I'm not sure b/c I know CJ's has lanolin in it but I used lanolin on my nips and it got on some of my cloth breast pads and that shiz did not wash out. ever
    What is your wash routine, and what kind of fibers are you using?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"