Cloth Diapering

Potty Book Recs? Kinda CDR

So... G's still really young, and he's not exhibiting many signs of being ready to potty learn, but I'd like to get the ball rolling a tad. He loves books, so I thought he'd respond well to a new book about going potty. Does anyone have recs on their favorites?
London Eye 
Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

Re: Potty Book Recs? Kinda CDR

• My daughter really likes the little critter one, which she was gifted. I have mixed feelings about little critter,myself. There is also an app. The Daniel tiger iPad app also has a whole potty section and there's a episode of that about going potty, if technology is your thing.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RrrrrachelRrrrrachel member
    edited March 2014
    We have to reenact the scene where prince Wednesday doesn't want to stop playing and go, complete with pretend "don't touchmy stuff" sign. That show gets in kids' heads.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I got this one for DS. https://www.amazon.com/Big-Boys-Use-Potty-Publishing/dp/0756614511 He absolutely loves it. He calls it the Pee Potty book, and for about a solid week, he wanted to read it multiple times every day.

• Oh my gosh, now your little red headed chef picture has an Eddie Murphy voice in my head.

• DS1 was really into Elmo around the age he was ready to use the toilet so we bought him a couple Elmo potty books.  He still loves to read them as bedtime stories even though he PT'd 15 months ago.  
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Haha! Thanks everybody :) DH actually asked why we don't just get Everybody Poops.
    London Eye 

• We have 3 books at the moment. She pooped next to the potty once, so I am not sure if they helped ;).
    The Elmo potty book with sounds is fun/annoying.
    A Potty for Me is really cute, but it is a little fragile since a each page has a fold out page.
    Potty by Leslie Patricelli is LO's favorite

I am going to have to check out Daniel Tiger for her. 
  • Mapleme said:
    Mapleme said:
    No one is going to suggest Everybody Poops? No one?
    I wanted to suggest that, but I felt like I wasn't really qualified to make a suggestion. I read it in college. 
    And the onion that is Maple peels back to reveal another layer...
    Onion? You know, not everybody like onions. What about cake? Everybody loves cake!

Actually, I love onions. I'm happy to be an onion. I just felt like throwing a little appropriate Shrek out there.
    You know what else everybody likes? Parfaits.
    I hear there is going to be some chocolate rum sauce. I am going to make some boozy layers in my parfait.
  • Apparently I potty trained wrong. I just took L with me (or rather she followed me) when I peed.
    Actually, I think I'm doing it wrong. I keep telling myself that it's because he's a boy, and he's not going to pee like me anyway (really, I just kinda like to pee by myself). I totally tell him to follow Daddy anytime DH goes, though ;)
    London Eye 

• We have 3 books at the moment. She pooped next to the potty once, so I am not sure if they helped ;).
    The Elmo potty book with sounds is fun/annoying.
    A Potty for Me is really cute, but it is a little fragile since a each page has a fold out page.
    Potty by Leslie Patricelli is LO's favorite

I am going to have to check out Daniel Tiger for her. 
    E loves this book too.  We have to read it every night before bed.  She still hasn't peed in the potty, but she is very proud of the kid in the book when he does.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"