August 2014 Moms

NBR--Small SUV Shopping!

2»

Re: NBR--Small SUV Shopping!

• I just bought a Mazda CX5. Love it and its awd!
  • My husband and I bought a 2011 Hyundai Sante Fe back in September before we knew we were expecting when my car broke down (Everything happens for a reason) - I LOVE it. The blind spots aren't bad, it has great handling/ turn radius, and 4WD. And after driving around a whole lot in this crappy weather I feel confident in this vehicle! despite the ABS kicking on a bizzilion times i never felt out of control. also, its spacious with a great cargo area. I had been looking at Santa Fe's for a while as they have some of the best safety ratings out there for its class. The milege is comparable - It also has an "Eco" mode for highway driving so you'll save in gas. Good luck!! Car shopping SUCKS
  • Loading the player...
  • Just as an update to this post...after trying the CRV, RAV-4, Mazda 5, Outback, Forester, Santa Fe Sport, & Escape we decided on the Forester!  The Santa Fe Sport was a close second.  We picked it up on Friday & LOVE it so far.

Unfortunately Costco didn't have any Subaru dealers nearby that participate in their program, so we weren't able to use that.  We did end up buying thru a different dealership than we did our test drives through though, they were way easier to work with & seemed like they actually wanted to sell us a car.

Thank you all again for your input!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Was just thinking about this! I had a 07 Jeep Cherokee which I LOVED! Just turned it in a year ago and downsized since gas is so expensive and I was commuting, plus I didn't really need the room. I ended up w/a VW which I also really love...

Now that I'm expecting #1 and we have a dog, I don't think my VW is going to do. I could probably get away with it for a year or so but I really don't want to be squished in with baby+dog+baby gear! We are moving soon, so I will tackle one dilemma at a time! Great to hear all the suggestions though :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"