Cloth Diapering

This is yeast right?

Talk to me about other yeast treatment like nystatin. That's only available per prescription. Correct?

We've only done lotrimin / monistat. And it gets better but always seems to come back. And we bleach to cloth each time.

I'm at my wits end. I need this to be done!

Or tell me it's not yeast and its eczema. And that I can stop worrying. And will try another route.

Re: This is yeast right?

• Do you use cloth when your treating with lotrimin?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have been with fleece liners. And we only use cotton, so no issues with repelling.
  • Loading the player...
  • We've tried disposables, but no marked improvement when using those vs cloth. And gave it a couple week shot.
  • Are you treating your dipes multiple times when your treating for yeast? Your supposed to do the lotrimin for 10+ days and bleach your dipes every other wash for up to 2 weeks after your done with the lotrimin.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That might just be a rash, yo.

That's what I'm starting to wonder. Can a "normal" rash be slightly raised bumps though?
  • Are you treating your dipes multiple times when your treating for yeast? Your supposed to do the lotrimin for 10+ days and bleach your dipes every other wash for up to 2 weeks after your done with the lotrimin.

Yeah. We always treat the diapers. And we just stopped the lotrimin since we ran out... But it feels like its never ever been gone for 10+ days. It's always looks better or gone then back. Always!!
  • The ped didn't say anything about it either but 1) we mentioned we were "battling yeast" to the nurse. (So maybe they thought we knew the drill) 2) it didn't look this bad. 3) it isn't yeast and I need to stop worrying.
    Yeah. We always treat the diapers. And we just stopped the lotrimin since we ran out... But it feels like its never ever been gone for 10+ days. It's always looks better or gone then back. Always!!
    Are you only treating your diapers once though? If your only doing it once then your just reinfecting him with yeast. You also use mostly prefolds and BGE's right?
  • I've bleached for every wash for a LONG time now. So not reinfecting him.

You win MK going to go by waxelene. And the jar is freaking cute! Just looked it up on amazon.
  • Well, I'm wondering if it's not yeast, but wetness rash. If your not using dipes with have a fleece barrier.
  • E's rash has been red bumps. I think it was wetness. She looks much better now that she's out if that hellhole DC and getting changed regularly.
    Not to imply that you aren't changing regularly, but you use natural fibers not stay dry, so it could still be wetness.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I've started using fleece liners though.
  • Sometimes fleece liners aren't big enough to cover the whole area.
  • I try to change him right away too. Buy yesterday I didn't change him for 4ish hours because every time I checked he was dry! Crazy cakes. I would have changed anyway at home but we were out in about.

Also, we think it gets worse if we use a wipe solution vs just water. :/
  • E is definitely sensitive to wipe solutions.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • D was pretty sensitive to wipes solution too.  We ended up using just plain water.  Maybe try that and using waxelene for a while to if it works?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• edited March 2014
    Thanks ladies!
    I'm going to do water only and get waxelene and keep using fleece liners. And hopefully I'll have praises to sing in a few days! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"