February 2014 Moms

Enfamil AR

edited March 2014 in February 2014 Moms
Just curious if any of you ladies have tried enfamil AR for reflux? I have definitely realized my baby is dealing with this, and of course I plan to ask her dr about trying some meds when we see her this week. Having said that, we are about out of formula and I have to go get some today anyway. Has anyone tried this kind and if do did it help much?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Enfamil AR

• I wouldn't switch formula without checking with ped first.
    Also, I've read that AR formulas can make it harder for baby to absorb nutrients, but that could be all wrong.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • You have? Hm, ok. I havent read much about them which is why i thought I would ask.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mo1484 said:
    Just curious if any of you ladies have tried enfamil AR for reflux? I have definitely realized my baby is dealing with this, and of course I plan to ask her dr about trying some meds when we see her this week. Having said that, we are about out of formula and I have to go get some today anyway. Has anyone tried this kind and if do did it help much?
    I tried enfamil AR and my LO hated it. I tasted the AR and it tasted very different from the regular enfamil that we use to supplement my LO. Some pediatricians will suggest a little rice cereal in the formula to help with reflux and others won't. Typically, rice cereal is a big no no, but some pedis will make an exception in the case of reflux. So, you may want to ask your pedi about rice cereal in addition to the AR in case your LO doesn't like the AR. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"