February 2014 Moms
Options

Tips for diaper 'blow-outs'?

MissusPearsonMissusPearson member
edited March 2014 in February 2014 Moms
Wondering if there are any tips or tricks for containing poop blowouts? My LO is close to 10 lb. now and she is between size newborn and size 1 diapers. We've gone ahead and transitioned her to size ones, and always pull it up as high as it will go in the front and back, and pull the tabs tightly. However the past week or so it seems like almost every time she poops, it goes out the back and all over whatever she's wearing. Any suggestions?

Re: Tips for diaper 'blow-outs'?

• Options
    I am having the same problem!
    http://lb1f.lilypie.com/tPU3m8.png

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I found with this baby huggies little snugglers work better with blowouts. They hug a little tighter around the waist, the scrunch around the legs work great and they have a little pocket to help catch it before it creeps up the back. We've had more blowouts with pampers than we do with huggies. 10 years ago I hated huggies!!!
    I'm a sinner saved by grace and a child of the Attitude Era (Oh you didn't know?!?)
    #OurBoyD-Bryan #TeamCrossRhodes #KnowYourRoll #ShutYourMouth 
    DD#1: 9/3/2004 Noelle Catherine
    DD#2: 1/26/2014 Faith Preston
    DC(dear cat?? lol): 6/5/2009 Shane Fitzgerald Kennedy
    I married my best friend <3 DH is my knight in shining armor! 

• Options
    Go up a size, change brand, or buy a wrap made for CDs.

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hmm..we've tried several different brands and the size ones are up a size :( still happening. @magentawarped I will check the leg elastics, thank you!
  • Options
    We went up to size 2 already even though DS isn't quite 12 pounds, because there were a couple blowouts and leaks.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    We went up to size 1 when lo was like 8 lbs. it seemed to have helped.
  • Options
    Try a different brand.

• Options
    It would be a spendy investment, but we were also having lots of trouble with blow outs. Ever since we switched to cloth- I haven't even had 1!
  • Options
    I agree with PPs about going up a size and finding a different brand. We had less blowouts with huggies and the kirkland ones from Costco. The kirkland diapers are like a cross between pampers and huggies. We will be sticking with those since they are less expensive.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks all! We will try to slant the tabs down and pull out the leg elastics. We have tried pampers, Huggies, swaddlers..we do have a Costco membership though so we will try the Kirkland ones too.
  • Options
    Altreed said:

It would be a spendy investment, but we were also having lots of trouble with blow outs. Ever since we switched to cloth- I haven't even had 1!

With dd1 we couldn't find a diaper that could contain the poop at around that size. We had the best luck with Huggies size 1 and pampers size 1-2. I'm not sure you can buy the 1-2s in stores anymore but you could probably find them online. In the end we switched to cloth also. I decided I was doing so much poop laundry already I might as well give it a try. We were happy and are currently using a mix of cloth and disposable on dd2. It isn't for everyone. It took dh a long time to get on board/feel comfortable putting on a cloth diaper.

• Options
    Ok...follow up question here. LO is 10 lb and in size ones..but with all these accidents I'm wondering if we should pick up a small pack of 2's and see how those work? 10 lb just still seems small to be out of 1s already. Anyone else's LO that same weight and in size 2?
  • Options
    My Ds2 is in size 2 in sposies, he is 11#

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

• Options
    I agree with trying a different brand. We had all sorts of leaking with huggies but switched to luvs and no more leaking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"