Multiples
Options

Any of your kids have hernia surgery?

I'm told this is more common with twins. DD (16 months) has a small inguinal hernia (in her groin) and she is scheduled for surgery next month. I'm told it's a very low-risk, routine procedure as far as surgery goes, but she'll have to be under GA which makes me so nervous. Would love to hear from anyone who has been through this.

TTC #2 since July 2010
FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any of your kids have hernia surgery?

• Options
    My newphew had surgery around a year for one.  They found out he was avoiding walking because it was causing him pain.  He was up and walking the same night they brought him home.
  • Options

DS had an inguinal hernia/hydrocele.  It seemed to appear out of the blue one day.  He was 3.5 yo and did great with the outpatient surgery.  He was a BEAR coming out anesthesia though.  Thrashing around and screaming/crying.  They basically did some quite vitals, removed his IV, and let us go.  I carried him out and he quit freaking out as soon as we were headed out the door. 

He ate at home and took a nap.  We did give him motrin for pain for about 24 hrs.  He couldn't be submerged in water so he showered for a week or so.  No other issues.  I'm sure it will go well.  Good luck!

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both of my twin girls have inguinal hernias. We had a surgical consult yesterday and the surgery is going to be scheduled as soon as the next opening is available. With one of my daughters they can actually feel that her ovary has slipped through instead of just intestine like in my other daughters case. They said that getting the surgery done quickly is very important. My daughters are 19 weeks old, 7 weeks adjusted because they were born prematurely. Because of their prematurity and small size (7pounds10oz and 6pounds 6oz) they will be incubated throughout the procedure as a precaution and will also spend the night. I am really nervous, but I trust their doctor. I wish I had actual advice or words of comfort for you, but we are going through this at the same time so at least we aren't alone!
    TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @xladybassx I hope that the surgeries go well for your girls! We don't have anything slipping through the hernia except air/fluid right now so the doctors are not that worried - they basically said we could do the surgery whenever. My understanding is that it's a really routine procedure with anesthesia being the biggest risk factor. As long as you are able to plan ahead and make sure they don't have any food in their stomachs at the time of surgery, things usually go really smoothly. It sounds like you are in good hands. Good luck!

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"