February 2014 Moms

Something down there stings like a mofo on the shower

Over the past week or so, I've had bad stinging when washing in the shower. It seems that the soap is irritating something in the lady bits area, but I can't pinpoint what exactly. I've also tried using a mirror, but nothing looks out of the ordinary. I had a c section, so no tears or anything. I have no pain otherwise and it goes away by the time I dry off and put my underwear/pad (because still bleeding) on, but MAN it stings at the time. Any ideas??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Something down there stings like a mofo on the shower

• Having similar sensations here. Not necessarily in the shower but just random times- like standing in line at the store, looking in the fridge, sitting in the car. And it's like omg... take your breath away and then gone. WTH. I do not remember this after my previous c/s. I also thought yeast but no other symptoms. Weird.

• I had a csection and experienced this a lot around weeks 3 and 4. I still have the burning sensation randomly but I noticed it got better when my bleeding tapered off.
    Married July 2008
    IVF started Jan. 2013, 14 retrieved, 9 mature, 6 fertilized
    BFP #1: 3/18/13 MMC at 5 weeks
    BFP #2: 6/10/13  Thank God for our precious daughter! She's more than I could have asked for!

• Loading the player...
  • I wonder if this could be a yeast infection.  I've never had one before, but I always thought it meant itching. However, I'm pretty sure I have thrush (as is boob thrush), so I guess that would make sense? My OB prescribed a thrush pill for me so maybe that will knock it off?  

If not, I'll ask about it at my 6 week appt in 1.5 weeks. 
  • I had this and thought it was a yeast infection but it turned out just to be chaffing from the pad. I couldn't see anything but it hurt like hell in the shower too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"