2nd Trimester

Lower back and bladder pains

tarahwoodstarahwoods member
edited March 2014 in 2nd Trimester
Hey ladies! I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing dull pains in their bladder and lower right side of their back. I'm not sure how worried I should be about my drs appt tomorrow..

Thanks!

Re: Lower back and bladder pains

• No I have always been relatively healthy.
  • I'm hoping it's something small like that though
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like a bladder infection/UTI which is extremely common during pregnancy. 
    BFP 7/13 ended 9/13 MMC BFP 1/14 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm about 20 weeks pregnant and I've been having a lot of back pain here lately.  I think it's normal with pregnancy.
  • I am only 13+change in and I am experiencing a LOT of back pain this week. I upped my water intake and found that really helped, also I have been doing a lot of stretching against walls, (pushing the small of my back against the wall, bending towards my toes and letting my arms hang etc.) If it is a UTI upping your water intake will help it flush out faster, but don't neglect to mention it to your doc. They want what's best for you and the baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    What does being healthy have to do with a UTI? They are very common in pregnancy. That is what it sounds like. The symptoms of a UTI during pregnancy can be different than when not pregnant.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Definitely check with your doc. It might be a UTI, but if you're having back pain, it could have spread to your kidneys. That's a problem, but can be easily cleared up with antibiotics.
  • Hope your dr could identify what it is.  I have had horrible back and hip pain pretty much from the start of my pregnancy, for me my dr thinks it might be Pelvic Girdle Pain and reccomended physical therapy or a chiropractor
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• I had really bad back pain and put it down to pregnancy when I was fifteen weeks! When I went to see my doctor it turned out I had a kidney infection which I never had before! I drank water and cranberry juice like a mad woman for a week and it cleared itself up without any need for meds. Never does any harm to double check with doc! And plenty of fluids you'll be fine :) good luck!

What does being healthy have to do with a UTI? They are very common in pregnancy. That is what it sounds like. The symptoms of a UTI during pregnancy can be different than when not pregnant.

This!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"