September 2013 Moms
Options

Post Pregnancy Hair Loss

Did any deal with this and are you still dealing with it? I am definitely still dealing with this and I feel like its gotten worse and its starting to freak me out. I remember with DS1 I went through PP hair loss but I don't remember it lasting this long or being this bad. My hair definitely isn't thinning or anything like that because I have a ton of it, but its still alot!

Anyone else?

Re: Post Pregnancy Hair Loss

• Options
    Mine was really bad for a while (from 4-6 months PP) but started getting better now. Although my hair, which was always pretty thick, now feels more limp and thinner...the joys of becoming a mother. 
  • Options
    Mine is bad still too, I'm constantly finding it everywhere and when I shower so much comes out!! My hair is pretty thick so I don't notice it thinning either. I miss my pregnancy hair! :((
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is still bad, I have very veryyyy long hair though. My home nurse told me that post partum hair loss is worse for your second pregnancy!
  • Options
    Mine is outrageous. Every shower covers the wall and then if I dry it I lose hair every time I run my fingers through it. Straightening it just takes it even further. Mine didn't start till about month 4 and just has gotten progressively worse. I often wonder how I still have hair.

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Mine is still bad. Going in 2 months now. My hair is so thin now, I can see my scalp. I hope it stops soon.
  • Options
    Mine was awful from about 4-5.5 months PP. I feel like it's finally getting better.
  • Options

Mine was really bad for a while (from 4-6 months PP) but started getting better now. Although my hair, which was always pretty thick, now feels more limp and thinner...the joys of becoming a mother. 

This. Its finally better but was at its worst at 4 months pp

imagephoto b8nyaejpg.gifImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was BAD, but has begun to tapper off in the past couple weeks (DS is almost 6 mo).
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    Mine has gotten a lot worse. I can see short hairs all around my face where the hair has broken off. Hopefully this is the worst before it starts to get better.
    fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif
  • Options
    I am losing an astronomical amount of hair and have been for weeks now. I had my thyroid removed two years ago and lost a ton of hair then, but this surpasses it. 
  • Options

Mine has gotten a lot worse. I can see short hairs all around my face where the hair has broken off. Hopefully this is the worst before it starts to get better.

YOU HAVE THIS TOO? I swear I thought I was going crazy.. I noticed it recently and it looks like I cut my hairs like an inch from my scalp it's awful! It's like little baby hairs that spike up everywhere.. I'm with you on hoping this is the worst before getting better.

• Options
    ejb23ejb23 member
    Mine is still bad too. I keep waiting for it to stop or I'm gonna be bald!

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

• Options
    Everyone I've talked to said this slows after 6 months. I'm hoping we are all leveling out. Now if only hair other places would fall out :/

• Options
    BurrberrymumBurrberrymum member
    edited March 2014

YOU HAVE THIS TOO? I swear I thought I was going crazy.. I noticed it recently and it looks like I cut my hairs like an inch from my scalp it's awful! It's like little baby hairs that spike up everywhere.. I'm with you on hoping this is the worst before getting better.

I had this too!! Right in the parting of my hair. It looks so stupid. On the other hand my hair has finally stopped falling out as much. It stopped around 6 months. I decided to chop my hair off at collar bone. Best decision I've ever made!
    You're so brave! I always say I want to cut my hair a lot shorter but I change my mind last minute.

• Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one and that there's light at the end of the tunnel. It's so awful!
  • Options
    I was going to post about this a couple of months ago.  I feel like it was not too bad right after I had my LO but a few months later it was falling out like crazy!  It is still falling out now but not quite as much.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"