Pregnant after a Loss

XP: ER all day... sch experience?

So on Tuesday I wrote that I had some light spotting and went in for an ultrasound and everything looked great. This morning I woke up, used the bathroom and discovered a lot of bring red blood (filled the toilet bowl). No cramping or clotting. I instantly took out my doppler, and although I found the hb right away, I was terrified and rushed to the er. I used the bathroom there and continued to have spotting. I was waiting in a room for hours with an iv and fluids.

When I finally got the ultrasound, the baby looked perfect again, measuring 12w5d with a hb of 168bpm. They discovered I have placenta previa and a subchoronic hematoma. They didn't tell me much about the size, but I don't think it was too large because the tech was questioning whether it was even a sch or not. I will follow up with my ob on Monday and I was put on Pelvic rest. The ER doctor freaked me out and told me that in a third of cases, it ends in miscarriage. Of course I am terrified. I am practically 13 weeks and was excited for the mc rates to drop!! I haven't had any bleeding since. So, what do you ladies know about SCH? Most of what I read includes situations where it is discovered early in the first tri, which clearly isn't the case for me. Help my pgal brain out please!
TTC#1 Since 8/2013 BFP #1 10/18/2013 EDD- July 1, 2014 MC 11/22/2013 at 8w3d
BFP #2 1/22/2014 EDD 10/7/2014
BabyFruit Ticker}
imageimage

Re: XP: ER all day... sch experience?

• I had a sudden bad bleed at about 14 weeks. Standing in the kitchen fine, then soaked in red. My doctor never said if it was a SCH, but I know it was a bleed from under the placenta (as seen on US). I bled red for almost two weeks, though it slowed significantly after about two days. I was terrified throughout, but I'm now 19 weeks and things look good. My doctor also told me he had 3 other patients with the same issue and all are doing great (he is a high risk doctor, so not surprising that he sees things like this more often). T&Ps to you!
  • voplovoplo member
    I had a SCH. The "big bleeding" happened at 8 weeks and they discovered in the ER. My doctor never mentioned it was a risk of miscarriage because that... I would be so scared! Mine resolved at 19 weeks. I hope yours do too. Hugs.

Mummy to 2 wonderful children
    Noah (2011) & Lily (2014)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I don't have any knowledge of SCH but I wanted to offer (((hugs))) I hope yours resolves soon.
  • I don't have any knowledge of SCH, just want to send you big (((hugs))) and hope that all will be ok!
    ~All are welcome~
    MC 23/01/2013 natural @ 7 Weeks

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I don't have any knowledge of SCH but wanted to offer hugs!!! I'm sure it's very scary and I'm sorry you're dealing with this!
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I was diagnosed with one at 6 weeks. I had some minor spotting throughout first tri. Then I had a bleed that sent me to the ER at 12 weeks. I've had one minor bleed since then. From what I've learned, it's more common than one would think. Kick your heels up and take it nice and easy. Fx all goes well at the follow-up. PM me if you have any questions.

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

• I don't have any experience but wanted to offer my T&PS & a big ((hug)). I hope your follow up appt goes well.
    BFP #2 3/19/14      EDD: 11/28/14
     Femara + Gonal F + Ovidrel  3/6/14  IUI #3 (plus 2x acupuncture)

Team Pink!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 7/22/13   EDD 3/29/14   MMC 8/13/13
      Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

image      image
    ALL ARE WELCOME
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"