Infertility

Headaches in the 2ww

Does anyone have any headache cures that are ok during the 2ww? Tylenol is not touching this headache that I've had since last night and since I'm 6dp6dt I can't take anything else. My RE instructed no caffeine either so I can't try that. I've tried ice, dark rooms, hot showers, and had DH give me a neck/head rub. I am super hydrated so that is not the problem.
Married 8/2009, TTC since 4/2010
ME: 30, DOR- Low amh, normal fsh/afc DH: 30, morphology issue
IVF #1- BFN
IVF #2- BFP!!! Beautiful baby girl became an angel on 2/6/13 at 17.5 weeks due to PPROM/IC
IVF #3- New RE... February March 2014! 8r/6m/6f. Transferred one and have one frostie! BFP! EDD 12/7/14
**PAIF/SAIF welcome

Re: Headaches in the 2ww

• I'm sorry for you! I think you've tried everything I would suggest. Wishing you some much needed relief.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • I also had a super headache for almost my whole 2ww. I think our hormones are fluctuating so much. I do have a lavender scented eye mask that seemed to give a little relief- but more likely it was the laying in a dark room and falling asleep that really helped. I hope you feel better soon!
    ----
    *I am no longer regularly posting on TB because of the fucked up debacle of Jan 2015 when administrators banned long-term members and mods with no notice and completely dismantled a community full of women who cared about each other.  If you see me posting it's only to give support to a poster who needs it or to post something important enough that I need to say.  I am no longer responding to  anything other than issues that affect people who I care about*
    37 years old, MH is 42
    TTC since 2010; Dx Unexplained Infertility; possible male factor 
    August 2012 through June 2013:  6 IUIs with clomid and trigger shot, all BFNs
    7/2013, Pregnant! Unmedicated--we were on a treatment break
    8/20/13 no heart beat; 8/23/13 d&c
    3/15/14 IVF #1:  Lupron/Follistim/Menopur; ER 3/10 resulting in four transfer grade blastocysts, transferred one pretty blast and froze the remaining three. BFN. 
    Natural FET in May cancelled because the universe hates me my hormones were not cooperating.
    6/24/14 FET #1: transferred two pretty embryos; BFN   
    8/28/14 FET #2: BFP, ended in Chemical pregnancy

Done with medical intervention and getting used to the idea of CFNBC.  

All welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! Unfortunately the headache is still around and my acupuncturist is out of town. I'm laying on the couch sleeping as much as I can. Hopefully it is gone soon!
    IVF #1- BFN
    IVF #2- BFP!!! Beautiful baby girl became an angel on 2/6/13 at 17.5 weeks due to PPROM/IC
    IVF #3- New RE... February March 2014! 8r/6m/6f. Transferred one and have one frostie! BFP! EDD 12/7/14
    **PAIF/SAIF welcome

• I don't have a remedy that really works but I had them also. My therapist told me something interesting about my TWW headaches though. Of course, everyone's body and reaction to medicines is different but many people have side effects when they stop taking Lupron (not just when they are on it) and for me headaches was one of them. So if you took Lupron the fact that your body is adjusting to being off it may be the culprit.

Weirdly, cucumber slices over my eyes helped. And stretching. And loads of water.

Hope you feel better soon!

Stephanie

• Thanks! I wasn't on lupron but I suspect the meds and the weather changes here in NJ are the culprits!
    IVF #1- BFN
    **PAIF/SAIF welcome

• I hope you're feeling better soon <3 I think you're right - definitely the meds & constant yo-yoing of the weather. Btw, good luck with your cycle! Are you planning to test? Beta or bust? Either way, FX!!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • @runcc37 Thanks! I went beta or bust... but beta is tomorrow morning! DH is convinced it will be a bfp, I'm the negative nelly that says it is not but that is probably me guarding my heart. He has to work tomorrow and is making me wait until he gets home at 8:00 to tell him either way.
    IVF #1- BFN
    **PAIF/SAIF welcome

• GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • I'd had serious headaches during the 2ww. I would try to nap them off and refused to take anything. Good luck!

IVF #1 Oct 2013- cancelled 
    IVF #2 Mar 2014- success.... baby girl born 11/28/14
    FET #1 Mar 2016- baby boy due 12/16/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"