Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Still bleeding 2.5 weeks post D&C? (Tmi warning)

My D&C was on 3/12... So it's been about 2.5 weeks. My OB told me the bleeding should only last 1-2 weeks. I was seen for my follow up on Tuesday. They asked me if I was still bleeding,I explained that I was, but it was very light in color (at the time it was) so I thought it was beginning to taper off. They weren't concerned and said they didn't need to examine me since I wasn't having pain. However, I am still bleeding. Th bleeding varies based on the day. Some days it's a little heavier and darker in color, other days it's very light and light in color. Even on the heaviest days it is much less than a regular period flow, but a little more than just spotting.I also have quite a bit of bright red blood during intercourse. Is this normal? I' just want it to be over. I want to be done with this awful reminder.
TTC since 5/13
BFP 1/23 
MMC 3/4
D&C-3/12 
Currently NTNP

Re: Still bleeding 2.5 weeks post D&C? (Tmi warning)

• If you didn't let yourself heal long enough before being active it could take a little longer. If you're worried call your doctor.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • EllyD14 said:
    If you didn't let yourself heal long enough before being active it could take a little longer. If you're worried call your doctor.
    Yeah, I thought it was fine because they told me I could go back to normal activity. I figure I'll call next week if it hasn't stopped.
    TTC since 5/13
    BFP 1/23 
    MMC 3/4
    D&C-3/12 
    Currently NTNP
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still spotting... Some days less than spotting. It has generally tapered off and not been as red. My d&c was on 3/15.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• My bleeding has stopped. Hopefully it is just sensitive from sexy time and nothing to worry about. Hope it stops soon.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• I was still bleeding 2+ weeks after my D&C (had the procedure 2/19) - called my doctor because they had told me I would likely bleed 7-10 days. It was then that they told me that for some people it can last up to 4 weeks...!!!!

I went back to normal activity (minus "exercise", but I'm a teacher and am on my feet all day) the day after the D&C, and I think the lack of resting probably contributed to how long I bled.

I hope it all stops soon for you - having my body return to normal was a huge step in the rest of me healing!!!
  • ECT2012 said:
    I was still bleeding 2+ weeks after my D&C (had the procedure 2/19) - called my doctor because they had told me I would likely bleed 7-10 days. It was then that they told me that for some people it can last up to 4 weeks...!!!!

I went back to normal activity (minus "exercise", but I'm a teacher and am on my feet all day) the day after the D&C, and I think the lack of resting probably contributed to how long I bled.

I hope it all stops soon for you - having my body return to normal was a huge step in the rest of me healing!!!
    Yeah, I'm tired of this really shitty reminder. It's insult to injury, just like fucking everything else about miscarriage. Fuck. Luckily, it seems to be very light today, haven't had any bleeding at all in more than a few hours and just some spotting earlier. Hopefully it's on it way out.
    TTC since 5/13
    BFP 1/23 
    MMC 3/4
    D&C-3/12 
    Currently NTNP
  • @Barely5feet‌ Have you put a call into your doctor to see what they think?

I had my D&C the day after you did. My red colored spotting has been over for at least a week. Any sporting I have now reminds me of what I would have at the tail end of my period. Light brown, thin, and very very light. Sorry if TMI but maybe it helps?
  • My bleeding has pretty much stopped now. Thanks for your input everyone.
    TTC since 5/13
    BFP 1/23 
    MMC 3/4
    D&C-3/12 
    Currently NTNP
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"