Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

post d&C appt ?

How emotional was your post d&c appointment for you?

I scheduled my appointment for the morning so I could go to work after but now am thinking of taking the day off. I am starting to view it as the last thing to do with this pregnancy and even though I know the d&c was the final moment I feel like this might be an emotional closing of the door so to speak.

I was wondering how others who have been there have dealt with it.

TIA 
 Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

Re: post d&C appt ?

• I just had mine yesterday. I didn't feel emotional at all. It was pretty quick and simple. They said everything looked good and healed. I was clear to resume intercourse if I wanted. They drew blood because they are following the numbers to zero (so I guess maybe this might not be THE last thing to do with this pregnancy). All in all though, nothing made me upset. I was just glad to hear everything looked good. But that's just my experience.
  • My ob scheduled my checkup late in the afternoon so that I wouldn't have to be in there looking at newborns and happy moms. it helped a lot.

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

• Loading the player...
  • How emotional was your post d&c appointment for you?

I scheduled my appointment for the morning so I could go to work after but now am thinking of taking the day off. I am starting to view it as the last thing to do with this pregnancy and even though I know the d&c was the final moment I feel like this might be an emotional closing of the door so to speak.

I was wondering how others who have been there have dealt with it.

TIA 
    I thought I'd feel relieved afterward, but the above was exactly how I felt. I ended up having to go back to work after and was fine, just a little sad, but you know yourself. Do what's right for you.
    TTC since 5/13
    BFP 1/23 
    MMC 3/4
    D&C-3/12 
    Currently NTNP
  •  cried like a baby
  • I was ok. Angry at my OB because she wasn't forthcoming with answers to my questions (ie regarding the extent to which my cervix was damaged during the d&c). Upset at serendipity - my SIL came in right after me for a H&H 36 week appointment.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Thank you all for sharing.The appointment is on a Friday so I might make it a 3 day weekend and if I am not sad can enjoy the day but if I am I can curl up in bed with the remote and nutella.

@aggiebeth06 I recall that post, what a hard day. hugs.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• It was, but I think I would have been okay without those things happening. Without them, the hardest part was when they did my ultrasound. I had some 'nam-like flashbacks, but it didn't affect my mood too badly.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• I had mine Friday. I was a little teary waiting for the doctor (sitting in an exam room looking at pictures of babies), but once she was in and we talked and I got the pathology report I felt better. I was a little distracted the rest of the day, but working kept me from dwelling. I personally feel like the pathology report provided some amount of closure. It was so clinical I almost felt detached from the whole thing in reading it. That is not, necessarily, how anyone else would feel, though. If you are worried do it at a time you can be alone afterward.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"