Pregnant after a Loss

Bought some things, now feel scared!

I'm 12 weeks 3 days...and I bought an adorable quilt on Etsy and now I'm scared! I know it's silly but I feel so superstitious about it. But, you got to start buying stuff sometime, right?? I figure, logically, after having all positive Verifi results and a heartbeat at 10 weeks, chances are low of a loss...but emotionally, I feel scared still!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bought some things, now feel scared!

• I understand. I am 16weeks after many good appointments I still get freaked when buying something for LO. ((Hugs))

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
    BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
    took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

• voplovoplo member
    @megaddie

I got my maternity clothes around that time, and I was thinking, just because I bought it, now I am going to have a miscarriage, because bad luck seems to follow me. But hey, still here! I know it is hard to let yourself have some fun, but it is about time! You are almost in your 2nd trimester, go have some fun. Nothing will happen just because you get excited/buy something for the baby :)

BTW Can we see the quilt? I love Etsy! :)

Mummy to 2 wonderful children
    Noah (2011) & Lily (2014)
  • Loading the player...
  • I sort of feel the same way about telling people as you feel about buying stuff, I'm afraid that as soon as I tell someone we'll have another miscarriage. But logically one has nothing to do with the other, just PGAL brain! Nothing wrong with buying things, I can't wait til I reach a point where I can start buying things and feeling excited! Have fun shopping.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• It's weird because I have made a few maternity clothes purchases, and those don't scare me as much...I guess because I needed jeans and mine weren't working (those belly bands do NOT work for me!)

Here is the quilt I bought: 
    https://www.etsy.com/transaction/191571547?ref=fb2_tnx_image (if I didn't link this correctly, let me know what is appropriate and I wil fix it!)

I love the fabric and want some sheets in the tree house material!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love the quilt! I sell on etsy and I have been basically spending all of my profits on baby stuff the last 2 months. It was hard for me to shop at first too. It gets easier every dollar spent!
  • voplovoplo member
    I loved it! Etsy is indeed the best place to buy some really nice baby items. So unique :)

Mummy to 2 wonderful children
    Noah (2011) & Lily (2014)
  • I just got home from maternity shopping. None of my jeans fit anymore, so I needed a pair! I am 11w2d, and on my way there I felt panicked. I think I freaked my mom out! I HATE pgal brain!
    TTC Since August, 2013
    BFP#1 11/2/2013 EDD 7/14/2014 MMC discovered at 8w3d (baby stopped growing at 6w2d)
    BFP#2 2/4/2014 EDD 10/15/2014 please stick little one!

• I didn't buy anything for this baby until about 14 weeks. My boss' best friend had an ectopic around the same time as my miscarriage and is now due 2 weeks after me. My boss was telling me how her friend was having trouble connecting to the pregnancy and asked for my advice since I had shared with her that I was going through the same thing. She ended up encouraging me to buy something small to help me connect more with the pregnancy/ baby. Without that push I probably wouldn't have bought anything until after my anatomy scan. So I totally get the fear, but remember there's no jinxing pregnancy :) And like PP said, it gets easier with every purchase.

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
    Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
    BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
  • I can definitely relate to your fears. At almost 24 weeks I have bought some onsies for my little guy and still panic. Still Standing magazine shared this article on FB yesterday https://stillstandingmag.com/2014/03/baby-clothes-reckless-hope/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=stillstandingmagazine
    and I think it really explains the importance of having hope. (((Hugs))) And congrats on purchasing an adorable quilt!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• voplo said:
    Nothing will happen just because you get excited/buy something for the baby :)

^^This. You deserve to enjoy this time. I know it's hard, but it's ok to start thinking ahead a bit.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• I love the quilt. So cute.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Aw, you guys!  I feel like crying...in a good way! *hugs*
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aww I love Etsy too!  I cannot wait to be able to start buying stuff for LO.  Make sure you share a pic of your quilt!  I want to see it.  :)
    BFP #2 3/19/14      EDD: 11/28/14
     Femara + Gonal F + Ovidrel  3/6/14  IUI #3 (plus 2x acupuncture)

Team Pink!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 7/22/13   EDD 3/29/14   MMC 8/13/13
      Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

image      image
    ALL ARE WELCOME
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"