March 2013 Moms
Options

Thank you notes for 1st birthday presents?

I am not sure what the etiquette is for thank you notes regarding kids birthday presents.  I didn't think thank you notes were really a thing to do, but we got one from another 1st birthday party.  What do you all think?  Should I do them or not?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

Re: Thank you notes for 1st birthday presents?

• Options
    We did thank you's for the people we didn't get to personally thank.
  • Options
    We did not open gifts in front of everyone so I am going to send thank you cards.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am going to send them. I feel as though you always should.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I agree with PP- I was raised to always show gratitude, and always wrote them growing up... And still do! I think it's proper etiquette, and people appreciate the gesture.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Definitely a thank you. We did a photo thank you w a pic from her party on tiny prints

• Options
    When in doubt, always send a thank you.  
  • Options
    We will send thank you cards for sure. I am slightly burned out on them lol, I had my bridal shower, wedding and baby shower all within 7 mo so I think I'll do a picture card to make it easier.
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    edited March 2014
    lars1226 said:
    We did not open gifts in front of everyone so I am going to send thank you cards.
    This is the most bizarre (and crappy) justification I've ever seen for not doing thank you notes.  So you not only didn't thank them in person, but you're not going to thank them in a note either?  Rude.  

It is proper etiquette to thank people who spent money they didn't have to on your child.  Just write a quick note and drop it in the mail.  
  • Options
    OP - good manners are always classy.  People appreciate getting thank you notes and I can assure you that there are plenty of people who notice the absence of them.  They don't have to be complex or long.  Just a quick, genuine, note of appreciation for the time and money spent.
  • Options
    I did thank you's and send wallet pics from her 1 year photo shoot to everyone who came or gave a gift.

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• Options
    lars1226 said:
    This is the most bizarre (and crappy) justification I've ever seen for not doing thank you notes.  So you not only didn't thank them in person, but you're not going to thank them in a note either?  Rude.  

It is proper etiquette to thank people who spent money they didn't have to on your child.  Just write a quick note and drop it in the mail.  
    Uh, I did say I am sending thank you cards. My friends have not sent thank yous when their children opened gifts during the party and thanked people in person.
  • Options
    lars1226 said:
    lars1226 said:

Uh, I did say I am sending thank you cards. My friends have not sent thank yous when their children opened gifts during the party and thanked people in person.
    lol... READING FAIL!!  lol.  So sorry.  Well at least we can agree that not thanking in person and not thanking in a note would be rude.  :)  My apologies.
  • Options
    @wittyschaffyNo problem. You had me second guessing myself, like did I actually write that?? Not what I meant! 
  • Options
    We made thank you cards using ds's handprint although some of them came out looking more like artwork but people liked them anyway.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"