May 2014 Moms

20/20 Tonight

The lady that was arrested for Breastfeeding and drinking in a pizzeria.....just thought I'd share for everyone who can't sleep. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 20/20 Tonight

• I saw that in the previews the other day. I meant to watch it but I think I missed it.
  • Was she arrested for breast feeding and 'exposing' herself or something? Or bc she was drinking at the same time? I didn't think that was actually illegal.... Obviously not a good choice but not illegal.
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @kitchencolors‌ good to know! :) My friend told me she is going to get me those strips that test your milk to see if there is alcohol in it. Wonder how well they work...

But seriously, why was she arrested?
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • They say it's because she was putting her child in danger......but they never tested her to see how much she had and not even a public intoxication charge.

• Sounds like the police were having a slow day. :-\"

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• XathXath member
    @libbylu7‌ They're like little pH strips. You can either squirt some milk straight on the test strip or dip one in a pumped container. They only take about a minute to give results.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • This is so stupid.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • I work in a fine dining resturant and have seen a women drink a bottle of wine while breastfeeding. Really uncomfortable to see, and it made me kind of angry, but I don't see what the cops can really do?!
  • awc1986 said:

IBackBevo said:

Very little alcohol gets into breast milk. There is nothing wrong with having a drink or two. People are ignorant.

And I have those test strips. The only time I ever registered any alcohol was when I literally drank an entire bottle of champagne and I had planned on throwing that out anyway but just wanted to see how much alcohol it took before there was any in breast milk.

Getting your drunk on in the name of science!
    I actually just drank a lot and was planning on pumping and dumping, but I tested it just to make sure the test strips worked. Previously, I had had even 2 or so drinks and never registered a positive on the strips. They registered a positive that time, though!
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"