Pregnant after 35
Options

Share your tips and tricks

We all know what the common ailments and complaints are.  Tell us what has made you feel better.  :)
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie - (C6hS)

Re: Share your tips and tricks

• Options
    I have a few from last time!

"Morning" Sickness:  Wearing Sea Bands 23 hours a day... and taking Vitamin B6 morning and night. And eating regularly whether I wanted to or not.  I hope this works for this pregnancy, too.  If it's not enough, I will do acupuncture this time.

Swollen ankles:  Acupuncture.  NOTHING else worked. And I tried everything. My Chinese doctor took one look and said, "These will be gone by tomorrow, and will never come back."  She was right!   I delivered in August with skinny ankles.  If they come back this time, I will get them deflated ASAP.

Sleeping:  I loved my wedge pillow that propped up my belly in the latter half of the pregnancy.  Again, acupuncture worked wonders for me.  I slept 9 hours a night -- straight through - at 9 months.  It was amazing!

Not going past due date:  Again, acupuncture.  I had a fear of medical induction.  My TCM Dr asked "So when do you want to go into labour?"  I said "39 and a half weeks?"   She said, ''Okay.  That will be Tuesday for you.   What time?"   I looked at her funny and said "10:30?"   She smiled, booked the appointment, and I was in full blown labour by 10:37 am that Tuesday. It was wild.

Anyway....  those are my tidbits.  They might not be my magic bullets for this pregnancy, but I sure as heck am going to try them if I need them. 

Your turn.  :)

Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    For me, prenatal yoga has been a "fix" for the lower back / sciatica type pain I started experiencing around 19 weeks.  I skipped a yoga session weekend before last and that pain returned later in the week.   It's also a nice mental break for me each week.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Early on, protein was my fix for nausea. 

Now, I'm all about the fiber and water to help prevent constipation. I see an acupuncturist as well, and she helps me with various things, including lower back pain. I will have to ask her about the due date thing!

Other than that, I am trying to walk every day and attend my Zumba classes to stay active and in shape as much as I can.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    Two words: water and exercise!

Sounds like the acupuncture worked magic for you. Too late for me to try that but your experience is impressive!
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Exercise is a great tip. 

I walked a lot during my first pregnancy.  We lived downtown... and I worked downtown.  I walked everywhere.  My car just sat there collecting dust.

Now I don't walk nearly as much, but I go to barre classes everyday, which I think will continue to be great as things progress.  (I haven't had to see a chiro since I started a year and a half ago!)

I might check out a prenatal yoga class, too.  Although my last experiment with yoga didn't go so well!  (It gave me really weird dreams and I couldn't concentrate.  Strange, hey?)
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    I walked a lot during my first pregnancy.  We lived downtown... and I worked downtown.  I walked everywhere.  My car just sat there collecting dust.
    Walking is such an ingrained part of my life, I can't imagine not doing it (unless benched by a doc, of course) -- but people have been making comments to me about it. One friend was shocked that I parked and walked about a quarter mile to an event we were attending. Other friends get all weird if I try to do something like move a folding chair. 

I am pregnant, people, not incapacitated! :)

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    Right before I had my DD 20 months ago, I was googling breathing techniques for labor. I came across a video on YouTube about J breathing or C breathing (they called it both things) and pointed out it helps open up all your body cavities and can help with constipation. Seriously, it worked like a charm! I just started it this time around too. Again, excellent results when fiber and water totally fail me. Oh, and I think it helped an amazing amount with labor too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"