December 2013 Moms

Recommend your activity center/jumper etc.

I am going to a consignment sale next weekend with my mom, and I was planning on getting an activity center/jumper for LO. I'd love input if you have one that you love! (Or tips on what to avoid if you have one you hate)

Also, is there another item I should be looking at to get for my LO in the 3-9 month range? I have read that walkers and doorway jumpers are unsafe so I am avoiding them. I have a simple umbrella stroller when LO outgrows her snugride, do I need another stroller?

Feeling a little like a clueless FTM here :/ Thanks for all your opinions!

Re: Recommend your activity center/jumper etc.

• Naty657Naty657 member
    edited March 2014
    I have the baby einestine jumperoo and then I just bought the evenflo Joey jump up. I haven't put Kaiden in the jumperoo yet but he loves the jumper

Eta if he's in the jumper I'm right beside him do he doesn't swing and hit the door frame or anything.!
  • I have the baby Einstein one and I just put some blankets behind/around her for support and a book under her feet. She likes it for about 10 min but seems to be more interested every week.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have an exersaucer from evenflo. We just put lo in it this week. I like it because it has a variety of toys. You can also remove the toys for cleaning.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry to threadjack, but what is the recommended age to start in an exersaucer? I need to run out and buy one too :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aycul18 said:

Sorry to threadjack, but what is the recommended age to start in an exersaucer? I need to run out and buy one too :-)

Evenflo recommends about 4 months old until they start walking. Really, its when baby can hold his head up for extended periods of time. I feel like its more of a judgement thing/depends on the child
  • Ashleynh5 said:
    We have this one. I think it's evenflo brand. LO loves it! And you can remove the toys to clean or interchange them. The noise the elephant makes is kind of annoying, but the other music and lights are cute. Eta: ordered it from target
    We have one like this too. I agree the elephant/mouse toy noises are annoying, but LO loves it. She's still a bit unstable in it, But I think that's cause she's skinny, since she has great head control and her feet do touch the bottom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is the baby Einstein one I have. We have been putting Jude in it since he was about a month old (he's held his head up well for awhile), but we put blankets around him and a pillow under him. Now he really enjoys it, can reach the toys and doesn't need pillows or blankets. He's 3 months, 2 weeks. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DD loved her jumparoo. She would go crazy in it. DS is still a little small for it. I did just buy a Summer Infant Super Seat Deluxe from a friend. It's like a Bumbo, but with toys. DS likes it! https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17882426&mr:keyword=&mr:trackingCode=8D40B466-7315-E311-A497-90E2BA285E75&mr:match=&mr:adType=pla&mr:filter=38524419286&cagpspn=plab_14777557&mr:referralID=NA&mr:ad=35201295886&mr:device=t&camp=PLAPPC-_-PID14777557&KPID=14777557
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • When we bought one for C we took him to BRU and put him each one to see what he liked. DH took each sample off the shelf (and put them back), it was hysterical. C liked one that I would not have picked. He played in it every day and loved it. We will probably do the same with G.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • His favorite thing right now is the skip hop forest friends play mat
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• We have the Baby Einstein Neptune activity saucer. At first she didn't really like it, then she didn't mind sitting it it, but now she's playing more and more with it and she's best friends with the little starfish that hangs. Too cute! I kinda want a jumperoo too but don't know if that overkill or not to have both.
  • The rainforest jumper
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"